Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41

Thread: Working Catalina solution for the impatient

  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1

    Question Popup window on install of CodeWeavers: "This is a limited trial version of CrossOver

    Quote Originally Posted by Fantomas View Post
    Hi all,
    You need to get your hands on the Beta version of CrossOver. To do this, register at https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/beta as a Beta tester. It's a simple procedure, you shouldn't have to pay anything. First you need to sign up as a new user and then become a beta tester. Then you can download the beta, it's one zip file, which you simply unpack into the Applications folder.
    When I went through the install process for the Beta version, it gave me a popup window with the message: "This is a time limited trial version of CrossOver. It will stop working in 14 days." Is that the case with a BetaVersion? I don't want to go through the hassle of installing it and then having to pay $59 per year until Jesus comes back. (This is the price of the Crossover 18 version).

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    24

    Default

    They want to release the final version of CrossOver 19 this week, so maybe that's why you saw this message.
    You have several options:
    • You don't really need the subscription. You can buy just one version. This option is currently not available, but I guess this will soon change.
    • There are quite frequently discounts. So you may get it cheaper than $60.
    • Although I don't encourage you to do this, sooner or later this CrossOver 19 will be available from pirates, so full version for free. As I said, I don't encourage anyone to do this as I think people should be payed for good work. Yet it could be an option for someone.
    • Also in like 2 years, there will be a new version of wine, which will solve this problem in a different way. And it will be free.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    16

    Default CodeWeavers CrossOver Beta3 - Not installing!

    I downloaded the Crossover Beta3 and then used it try to install my BW10 on my MacBook Air with Catalina OS. First it asked me which program I wanted to install: Bible Works (Legacy) or Bible Works 9. Legacy is for 8 or earlier. So I wrote in BibleWorks 10 and it said it would have to do a special installation. I proceeded and the blue line froze half way across and stayed there for a couple of hours. I wrote them, and the they said I should close it out for now. However, even after closing out Crossover, I cannot eject my BW jump drive. It keeps saying it is still in use and if I force eject it, it could mess up the info on the jump drive! Now what do I do?

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    16

    Default Catalina, BW10 and Crossover - not installing - continued

    Is it possible that my jump drive is BW9 and then when BW10 came out, they simply had me upgrade it with an online download, so that I could try installing it as a BW9? Does anybody know?

    Although I have purchased Accordance, it is so different that I don't have time to learn it right now and want to keep using my BW.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by driessencsb View Post
    Is it possible that my jump drive is BW9 and then when BW10 came out, they simply had me upgrade it with an online download, so that I could try installing it as a BW9? Does anybody know?

    Although I have purchased Accordance, it is so different that I don't have time to learn it right now and want to keep using my BW.
    You can tell what version you have by checking the activation codes. BW90- and the rest of the code for BW9, BW10- and the rest of it for BW10.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by driessencsb View Post
    I downloaded the Crossover Beta3 and then used it try to install my BW10 on my MacBook Air with Catalina OS. First it asked me which program I wanted to install: Bible Works (Legacy) or Bible Works 9. Legacy is for 8 or earlier. So I wrote in BibleWorks 10 and it said it would have to do a special installation. I proceeded and the blue line froze half way across and stayed there for a couple of hours. I wrote them, and the they said I should close it out for now. However, even after closing out Crossover, I cannot eject my BW jump drive. It keeps saying it is still in use and if I force eject it, it could mess up the info on the jump drive! Now what do I do?
    You really need to connect the BW10 DVD and specify the installation file (I think it's setup.exe on the DVD, as usual). Otherwise it will just fail, as you have seen.

    You can also just create a new 32-bit bottle and then run the installation file manually, as someone here suggested.

    And to eject, you can either just ignore it, it's no big deal, or restart the computer, then it will disconnect automatically. And without any adverse effects.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by driessencsb View Post
    Is it possible that my jump drive is BW9 and then when BW10 came out, they simply had me upgrade it with an online download, so that I could try installing it as a BW9? Does anybody know?

    Although I have purchased Accordance, it is so different that I don't have time to learn it right now and want to keep using my BW.
    Just download the DVD here:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ezW...OPuicPdHUb18kB

    It is quite a bulky download, but it might solve your problems. Otherwise you could just use the BW9 installer and then try the online upgrade. If it works...

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    16

    Default Still trying to get BW10 to install on a Mac w/ Catalina using CodeWeavers crossove

    If you guys were writing in ancient Hebrew, it would be no harder to understand than the computer language you are using in English! (I don't speak Hebrew!).

    Someone wrote: "connect to BW10 DVD and specify the installation file (I think it's setup.exe on the DVD, as usual). Otherwise it will just fail, as you have seen. You can also just create a new 32-bit bottle and then run the installation file manually, as someone here suggested."

    I have a BW10 jump drive, so how do I connect to a BW10 DVD? If I see those words appear, do I then click on it and look for "setup.exe" and click on that? What is a bottle? (As you can see, I have no idea what I am doing!). And how does one creat a new 32-bit bottle?

    The gentleman who is helping me at CodeWeavers (Jeremy) suggested I do this: "
    download the 'BW10_rev7.iso' ". What is that and how do I download it or where do I find it?

    Thank you! Christine

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    16

    Default Dvd?

    Hi Fantomas,

    When you say, "Just download the DVD here:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ezW...OPuicPdHUb18kB

    Are you talking about the same thing as: BW10 DVD

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by driessencsb View Post
    The gentleman who is helping me at CodeWeavers (Jeremy) suggested I do this: "download the 'BW10_rev7.iso' ". What is that and how do I download it or where do I find it?

    Thank you! Christine
    Click on the link below. On the page that appears click on the download button in the center of the page. The file is very big. It may take hours to download. After you get it downloaded perhaps you can talk to Jeremy again and he can help you use that file to install BW.

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ezW...OPuicPdHUb18kB

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •