Thread: Checksum for BW10_rev7.iso

Default Checksum for BW10_rev7.iso

Is the checksum for BW10_rev7.iso listed anywhere? I'd like to ensure that there's no problems before I try installing. I searched for checksum in the forum but didn't find anything.

Thanks!
    Fuego

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    Is the checksum for BW10_rev7.iso listed anywhere? I'd like to ensure that there's no problems before I try installing. I searched for checksum in the forum but didn't find anything.

Thanks!
    Fuego
    If you have the ISO, just mount it and run BWCheckDisc.exe. It checks the crc of each file and compares it with crc.def in the ISO and reports any checksum failures. Hopefully none. It usually takes a while.
    Last edited by now john; 11-22-2019 at 09:34 PM.

Default Cannot mount BW10_rev7.iso

Hello,

I downloaded the BW10_rev7.iso 2-3 months ago and am trying to mount it in Windows 10 running on Parallels on an iMac. I get a "Sorry, there was a problem mounting the file." error. I have tried copying the file to a new location (apparently that is a possible solution), and that did not work. Does anyone know how I might proceed installing BW?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Hello,

I downloaded the BW10_rev7.iso 2-3 months ago and am trying to mount it in Windows 10 running on Parallels on an iMac. I get a "Sorry, there was a problem mounting the file." error. I have tried copying the file to a new location (apparently that is a possible solution), and that did not work. Does anyone know how I might proceed installing BW?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Bob
    Download 7-zip from http://www.7-zip.org/download.html. Install it in Windows 10 on Parallels on your Mac. Use 7-Zip to extract the ISO to a folder. Since you receive an error message when you try to mount the ISO, find BWCheckDisc.exe inside that folder and run it. It checks the integrity of the download and extraction. It will take a while. If no bad files are found, then use setup.exe in that folder to install BW.

Default Thank you: Cannot mount BW10_rev7.iso

Dear John,

Just a quick note to thank your for your instructions on installing BW10 rev7 from the ISO file. Your instructions worked great. Interesting -- BWCheckDisc.exe did not find any errors, so I don't know why it would not mount directly in Windows 10, but from searching I have done, it is not infrequent to have challenges with error messages when mounting ISO files.

Thank you again, and grace to you!

Bob

PS: I sent another note a few minutes ago, but I did not see it in the thread, so please pardon if this is redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    It is not infrequent to have challenges with error messages when mounting ISO files.
    Unfortunately that is true, but at least extracting the ISO to a drive, either internal or external, seems to resolve the issue.

Very glad that you got it to work!

You're welcome, and grace to you as well.

John