Thread: BibleWorks 9 (BW 9) Updates Not Found

Default BibleWorks 9 (BW 9) Updates Not Found

I installed BibleWorks 9 and 'selected all' to apply the updates/patches. A few of them worked, but the rest return an error saying that the file couldn't be retrieved. When I checked the website, I found the links to download them manually didn't work either. Is there any way to get an ISO with the patches? Or any other way to get them?

Quote Originally Posted by revmarple View Post
    I installed BibleWorks 9 and 'selected all' to apply the updates/patches. A few of them worked, but the rest return an error saying that the file couldn't be retrieved. When I checked the website, I found the links to download them manually didn't work either. Is there any way to get an ISO with the patches? Or any other way to get them?
    Please read this BW knowledgebase article: https://kb.bibleworks.com/article/AA...e-15-2018.html

If you do not have a backup of a fully updated BW9, there appears to be no way to update from BW or get a complete ISO from them. They did make a announcement before they closed, but unfortunately some forum users did not see that. You may want to post to the forum and see if someone has a fully backed up BW9 and would be willing to make a copy for you.

Quote Originally Posted by now john View Post
    Please read this BW knowledgebase article: https://kb.bibleworks.com/article/AA...e-15-2018.html google street view

If you do not have a backup of a fully updated BW9, there appears to be no way to update from BW or get a complete ISO from them. They did make a announcement before they closed, but unfortunately some forum users did not see that. You may want to post to the forum and see if someone has a fully backed up BW9 and would be willing to make a copy for you.
    Thank you. That is very helpful.

Default Important for older versions of bw

So the important information for all who are running older versions of BW is make sure that you have fully updated your older version. Then back it up so that you have all the updated files. It is best to have the updated files on media separate from your computer. Adequate USB flash drives can be purchased for less than $10. Also have your installation files backed up on media separate from your computer.

Then if there is ever a need to reinstall BW, you can use the installation media to install BW and activate it with your codes. Then you can overwrite that installation with your backed up files and you will have a new installation of BW identical to your old one.

I believe that I have a completely backed up updated BW8 and installation media, if any one has a need.

If anyone has BW9, I would be interested in obtaining a copy of the installation media and a copy of an updated BW9 installation and would reimburse you for your expense. Please PM me if you do.