Thread: īBibleworks 10 didnīt open today. Canīt reinstall.

Default īBibleworks 10 didnīt open today. Canīt reinstall.

Bibleworks 10 didnīt open today. REPAIR installation didnīt work.
    Uninstalled and reinstalled. Got error message over again.
    -5001 : 0x80070002
    Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications.

do I have to turn off my Bitdefender virus scanner. This is difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill in Australia View Post
    Bibleworks 10 didnīt open today. REPAIR installation didnīt work.
    Uninstalled and reinstalled. Got error message over again.
    -5001 : 0x80070002
    Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications.

do I have to turn off my Bitdefender virus scanner. This is difficult.
    This link gives a summary of the procedures that I have used either on my own computers or helping others with BW reinstallation problems: https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sh...7702#post37702

Would you be willing to turn off Bitdefender if you first disconnected from the internet, then used Autoruns.exe to turn off unnecessary programs and services, and then rebooted? Often after failed reinstallations all traces of BW need to be removed from the drive and also the Windows registry.

I think BW should install but not activate or update. Then you could turn Bitdefender on, connect to the internet, reboot, and then activate and update BW.
    Last edited by now john; 10-29-2019 at 06:53 PM.

Default An addition to previous post.

If you want to be even more cautious, after you reenable Bitdefender and before doing anything else, you could run a complete scan of your entire computer to make sure that nothing harmful had been added.

Default One more addition.

Apparently that error may be associated with a defective installer file. So it is important to use BWCheckDisc.exe from the mounted or extracted ISO and confirm the integrity of the ISO.

Quote Originally Posted by now john View Post
    This link gives a summary of the procedures that I have used either on my own computers or helping others with BW reinstallation problems: https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sh...7702#post37702 happy wheels

Would you be willing to turn off Bitdefender if you first disconnected from the internet, then used Autoruns.exe to turn off unnecessary programs and services, and then rebooted? Often after failed reinstallations all traces of BW need to be removed from the drive and also the Windows registry.

I think BW should install but not activate or update. Then you could turn Bitdefender on, connect to the internet, reboot, and then activate and update BW.
    Thanks a lot John, works fine!