Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unable to download ISO file

Default Cannot download Win BW10 with Free Download Manager

Please help...

The URL I get on the BW download page for the Windows version of BW10 is:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ezW...PdHUb18kB/edit

When I paste this into the "Drag and Drop" pane in Free Download Manager, it downloads a 66.3 kB html file. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Please help...

The URL I get on the BW download page for the Windows version of BW10 is:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ezW...PdHUb18kB/edit

When I paste this into the "Drag and Drop" pane in Free Download Manager, it downloads a 66.3 kB html file. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Bob
    What you downloaded is a copy of the webpage that you go to to download the file. It is not a link to the ISO itself.

I suggest that you install the FreeDownloadManager Extension into the Chrome browser. This is the link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/s...nager?hl=en-US Then make sure that the extension is enabled. You can check that by entering chrome://extensions in the Chrome browser address bar.

Then open the FDM program itself,then settings.
    Make sure that Browser Integration, Chrome is checked.
    Make sure that Using the Alt key, Don/t catch downloads when Alt is pressed is selected. (Or reworded, automatically catch all downloads.)
    Keep FDM open.
    Go to the BW homepage in Chrome. Go to the Downloads section. Click on the ISO file, "Click here." It will open the download page on Google Drive. Click on download. A new page about viruses may popup. Click again on Download. In the FDM program you will see a line for the BW10_rev7.iso download and a larger window at the bottom. They inform you about the download and the location where the downloaded file is stored.
    Last edited by now john; 12-04-2019 at 12:44 AM.

Default Thank you ... not sure it worked as intended ...

Dear John (I'm assuming that's your name :-),

Thank you for the detailed help on using FDM to download ... I tried it the other night, and the Google site was clogged up, but just tried again and I was able to start a download from the BW site. A couple differences from what you described, however:

1) Under the URL you provided…
    chrome://extensions
    …there were no extensions. Apparently Google moved them to the Chrome Web Store, and I found the FDM extension by searching for it there.
    2) The downloading file does not appear in the FDM window, but in Chrome, like it would without FDM, as shown below.
    Name:  download_is_in_Chrome_not_FDM.png
Views: 58
Size:  77.9 KB
    Also, if FDM is supposed to speed things up, it does not seem to be the case here. Maybe I did something incorrectly? I just tried to repeat it, and the Google Drive is back to it’s old tricks, not allowing downloads.
    Let me know your thoughts…

Thank you,

Bob

Dear John (I'm assuming that's your name :-),
    1) Under the URL you provided…
    chrome://extensions
    …there were no extensions. Apparently Google moved them to the Chrome Web Store, and I found the FDM extension by searching for it there.
    Yes, my name is John.

Entering chrome://extensions into the address bar on a chrome browser shows the extensions in that browser. Thank you for the correction. Clicking on the menu icon at the left of that bar opens another window. At the bottom of it there is a link to open the Chrome Web Store.

The downloading file does not appear in the FDM window, but in Chrome, like it would without FDM, as shown below.
    Also, if FDM is supposed to speed things up, it does not seem to be the case here.
    I just began the BW download again but paused it after it had downloaded about 28 mb. FDM took over as expected. After I took the screenshot I cancelled the download.

Name:  fdm bw download.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  64.1 KB

I only use Chrome signed in with my gmail account. I don't know if that makes a difference.

FDM will speed it up if there are multiple download sites and it uses them. BW only has one. But FDM usually allows restarting an interrupted download.

From what you wrote I would guess that FDM never took over the download. These are the setting I use in the FDM program:
    Name:  fdm browser settings in main program.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  63.5 KB
    Last edited by now john; 12-04-2019 at 01:17 AM.