Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unable to download ISO file

Default Unable to download ISO file

i have a new computer coming this week and will want to install Bibleworks on it. I tried to download the ISO file and it failed after about 3 gb. I now get a message that it is not available as too many people have downloaded it. What can I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Nord Zootman View Post
    i have a new computer coming this week and will want to install Bibleworks on it. I tried to download the ISO file and it failed after about 3 gb. I now get a message that it is not available as too many people have downloaded it. What can I do?
    First of all, use a download manager that has the ability to recover from a failure and successfully download the entire ISO. I use Free Download Manager: https://www.freedownloadmanager.org/
    I recomment that you test it and learn how to use it by downloading some other programs, even if you don't need them.

The ISO is not available sometimes. So far it has always become available again after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by now john View Post
    First of all, use a download manager that has the ability to recover from a failure and successfully download the entire ISO. I use Free Download Manager: https://www.freedownloadmanager.org/
    The ISO is not available sometimes. So far it has always become available again after a while.
    Thank you John. It is still not available, but how to I get the right url to enter into the download manager. When I click on the link on the Bibleworks page it takes me to google drive page. If I use that url it just downloads a small file. Thank you for your help.

Thank you John. It is still not available, but how to I get the right url to enter into the download manager. When I click on the link on the Bibleworks page it takes me to google drive page. If I use that url it just downloads a small file. Thank you for your help.
    This is the procedure that I followed: downloaded and installed Free Download Manager. Next also installed the Free Download Manager extension for Chrome. Set FDM to automatically catch downloads from browsers and tested that it was doing so. Used Chrome to go to the BW ISO site and started the download of the ISO and FDM took over. The download progress can be viewed in FDM.

I also sent you a private message.

Default Thanks

This is the procedure that I followed: downloaded and installed Free Download Manager. Next also installed the Free Download Manager extension for Chrome. Set FDM to automatically catch downloads from browsers and tested that it was doing so. Used Chrome to go to the BW ISO site and started the download of the ISO and FDM took over. The download progress can be viewed in FDM.

I also sent you a private message.
    Thank you. That is very helpful.

Default Stopped at 58%

I used extreme download manager and all went well until about 8 hours later it finally was at 58% and quit. I once again am waiting for the file to be available again.
    Last edited by Nord Zootman; 10-29-2019 at 04:17 PM.

I used extreme download manager and all went well until about 8 hours later it finally was at 58% and quit. I once again am waiting for the file to be available again.
    Did you try to restart the download with extreme download manager? Usually download managers can restart an interrupted download.

Default Still trying

Did you try to restart the download with extreme download manager? Usually download managers can restart an interrupted download.
    It gives me the message "Download session has expired, please refresh download address." I assumed I do that by clicking on the download link on Google Drive again, but there I am getting the message that too many users have downloaded the file and it is not available.

Default Happy

I am happy to report that I was able to download and install the program on my new computer. A special thanks to John who corresponded with me to help.

First of all, use a download manager that has the ability to recover from a failure and successfully download the entire ISO. I use Free Download Manager: https://www.freedownloadmanager.org/ short life
    I recomment that you test it and learn how to use it by downloading some other programs, even if you don't need them.

This works great, thanks so much.