Thread: Installation Error

Default Installation Error

I get a positive notification for the IDP.ALEXA.51 virus when I try to reinstall BW10 revision 7 which I downloaded recently from the BW page. If I look this up it says it might be a false positive. Has anyone else run into this? What do I do?

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by ddyke View Post
    I get a positive notification for the IDP.ALEXA.51 virus when I try to reinstall BW10 revision 7 which I downloaded recently from the BW page. If I look this up it says it might be a false positive. Has anyone else run into this? What do I do?

Dan
    It is a known fact that at times the installation of BW results in a false positive from antivirus software. Please see the following post by the owner and chief programmer of BibleWorks: https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sh...7483#post37483

It is usually not necessary to turn off the antivirus program and firewall that come with Windows.

I just scanned my up to date installation of BW and, as usual, there was no virus found in it.

Just out of curiosity, what anti-virus program were you running?
    Last edited by now john; 10-28-2019 at 03:02 PM.

Thanks

I use AVG.

Quote Originally Posted by ddyke View Post

Dan
    I trust the people at BibleWorks and so I would be willing to install BW10 even if it meant turning off an anti-virus program.

A cautious way of doing that would be to extract the ISO to a folder on your internal drive or an external USB drive would also work. Use your anti-virus program to scan that folder as part of a complete virus scan of your computer. Use a program like Autoruns.exe to disable unnecessary programs and services. Disconnect from the internet. Disable your anti-virus program and reboot. Install BibleWorks. Since there is no internet, you won't be able to activate or update BW but there is no chance of getting something bad from the internet since you are not connected. Enable your anti-virus program. Rescan the entire computer and confirm that nothing harmful was added. Use Autoruns.exe to re-enable the programs that you disabled. Reboot the computer. Connect to the internet. Run BW and activate it. Then run updates.