Thread: Help please with stats, analysis widnow, and Herew searches

Unhappy Help please with stats, analysis widnow, and Herew searches

1. I used to use stats a lot. I'm trying to use them now but not quite understanding what I am seeing.

Does this mean that my string ‎הַֽלְלוּ־יָֽהּ occurs 33 times in 27 verses in the entire WTT? I thought that this would be higher, much higher. Maybe I need to search for the two words separately to get a more accurate count?

2. I never noticed this before but in previous versions of BW, the analysis window had tabs. Now , I have to click and select a menu option. Is there a way to restore the tabs?

I hope that someone will read this and respond. Thanks.

Ken
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by KenLitwak View Post
    1. I used to use stats a lot. I'm trying to use them now but not quite understanding what I am seeing.

Does this mean that my string ‎הַֽלְלוּ־יָֽהּ occurs 33 times in 27 verses in the entire WTT? I thought that this would be higher, much higher. Maybe I need to search for the two words separately to get a more accurate count?
    Perhaps what you did would be clearer if your screen shot would display. You did a form search (using WTT). It may be that you want to do a lemma search (using WTM). If you will say what verse you began your search from, I will try to investigate further.
    2. I never noticed this before but in previous versions of BW, the analysis window had tabs. Now , I have to click and select a menu option. Is there a way to restore the tabs?
    If you click anywhere in the title bar that says "Analysis Window" the tab headings will toggle on and off. See Section 13 of BW10 help (F1 with your cursor on the Analysis Window heading) for a more thorough treatment of Managing Analysis Tabs, including an option for automatically hiding the tab labels.

--Jim

Hi Ken, Jim's point about doing a search with a morphology version is a good one. Or you might want to try a search without vowel point/dagesh/accent sensitive searching enabled. Otherwise, the slightest variation in pointing will eliminate a potential hit.
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.

Default AW tabs

I hope that someone will read this and respond. Thanks.

Ken
    If you click on the title bar of the Analysis Window, the tabs will become visible. You must have clicked it in advertently.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    If you click on the title bar of the Analysis Window, the tabs will become visible. You must have clicked it in advertently.
    Mike
    Thanks, everyone, for your responses. To respond to two things raised in responses to me:
    1. I was in Ps 150:6 where is a Hallelu Yah. I wanted to know how many of those there are
    2. I've been using computers a long time and attaching files and images a long time. NO matter what I did, I could not get the screen shot file to attach. The
    page had [Attach] and other markup but it was not clear to me that the file had been attached. I just could't figure that one out. I'm pretty near-sighted and maybe something missed my notice but my wife lookd over my shoulder and dind't see the trick either. You browse to a file and open it (in Windows File Explorer). If I do nothing, it appears to not attach the file. If I click the button to attach a file, the file name disappears and nothing changes. That is why I tried to paste he image in.

Ken

Default Hallelujah

1. I was in Ps 150:6 where is a Hallelu Yah. I wanted to know how many of those there are
    While I am using transliterations below, right to left, I am actually referring to WTT/WTM in Hebrew font, left to right. All searches were done on consonants only.

1. I duplicated your results by double clicking on the second halelu in WTT, which gave me a form search on the one word, with this result: 27 verses, 33 hits. These hits were all parsed as "verb piel imperative masculine plural homonym 2". Some of them were not followed by yah.
    2. When I did a phrase search in WTT on "halelu-yah" I got 23 verses, 23 hits (including both "halelu-yah" and "halelu yah").
    3. When I did a phrase search in WTM on "halelu yah" I got 26 verse, 27 hits (including some additional parsings of halelu).
    4. I changed the phrase search in WTM to "halelu yah*" to include yahweh, and got 28 verses, 29 hits.
    5. I then did a phrase search in WTM on "halelu *1 yah*" to allow 0 or 1 lemma between halelu and yah(weh); the result was 47 verses, 51 hits. Some were false positives, like 2Sa 22:4, others you may be interested in.

--Jim