Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bibleworks 10 64bit does not work after installing Catalina

Default Bibleworks 10 64bit does not work after installing Catalina

Hello -

I just installed Catalina, and Bibleworks 64 bit has ceased to work. Does anyone know a way to get it to work?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Catalina macuser View Post
    Hello -

I just installed Catalina, and Bibleworks 64 bit has ceased to work. Does anyone know a way to get it to work?

Thanks

Same here. Apple has been warning us. I had hoped that we might get an upgrade prior to this happening. I sure hope that we're not dead in the water!

Default Edduar

I have the same problem as you. If you know something let me know. Please.

Default Mac Catalina

Unfortunately we have this problem. Will there be a solution?

Same here. "Glad" I upgraded.........

Default Also Bibleworks is not working for me in Catalina -

BibleWorks is not working for me either in Catalina. It appears that my BibleWorks module is not 64 bit.

I had the same problem with Babylon-Translator. But they had a workaround. I downloaded a new module, and then right-clicked on it to say that I was willing to open it, even though it was from an 'unknown developer.'

Is it possible that the Vine libraries just need to be recompiled in 64-bit?

Al Hembd

Unhappy

Someone from BW might have a better news, but I seriously doubt it. The "64-bit" wrapper was done in cooperation with Codeweavers, which is a smart choice. This company recently released this message:

CrossOver for Catalina Progress October 3, 2019

The bottomline is that they are working on it, however Apple decided to discontinue not only 32-bit subsystem, but also OpenGL. Which means an enormous amount of code needs to be written anew. So they are nowhere near releasing a working product, they set out to finish it, but won't even give any timeline.

So... Who doesn't need to upgrade to Catalina and want to use BW10, don't.
    Another solution is to use virtualisation tools like Parallel Tools or VMWare, this should work all right. However the entire Windows subsystem needs to be running and consuming RAM and a considerable amount of disk space.

Default Parallels Runs BibleWorks on my iMac Flawlessly

For me, buying Parallels for $80.00 and running the Windows version of BW is well worth the money and the inconvenience of a slightly slower machine. Nothing compares to BW when it comes to biblical research. I close Windows when I am not using BW and my machine returns to normal speed. My other choice was to pitch BW or try to sell it. For my money, investing in Parallels just made sense.

Default It works with Parallels

I tried Parallels and it works fine on Win10. Unfortunately there is a little glitch on my computer - the freezing of Analysis window by pressing SHIFT key doesn't work. Any ideas how to remap this function to some other key? Thanks!

Default Unable to find \\...\grkalias.dbx; engalias.dbx

After a lot of thought I decided to buy Parallels in order to keep my BW10 working for a bit longer. It seems to work, except I keep getting an annoying error about some of the databases missing (eg grkalias.dbx, engalias.dbx, etc). When I check, the files are in fact not missing. If I say "retry" then it goes away for a few minutes, only to return the same error.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-10-28 at 3.36.41 PM.png
Views: 245
Size:  139.8 KB