Thread: BW10 x64 Crash with Catalina OS

Default BW10 x64 Crash with Catalina OS

Hello. I updated my Apple OS today with Catalina. I knew that the old BW10 would not work and I would need the x64 version (which I had previously). However, when I tried to open the x64, it crashes. I re-downloaded the ISO to be sure that the old one wasn't corrupted in some way, but the same thing happens? Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?

Thanks.

It was revealed that the 64 bit program still had 32 bit elements in it and it would not be updated. I was waiting for confirmation that it would not run and you provided that. Your options, unfortunately at this time are:
    • Sell BibleWorks
    • Install it on a Windows simulator such as Parallels

It is very unfortunate that this 64 bit program was left incomplete upon closure of the business. It was not as it was represented by BW before it closed.

I have been using BW for a long time and updated to BW10 to run it on a Mac. It was expected that the 64 bit program would extend the life to the next few Mac updates, but that is not the case.

I will avoid updating for a while and then sell BW when I do. People can use our license to run it on Windows.

Thanks for the reply. That is very disappointing especially since the site still says that the iso is a 64 bit version.

I try to follow most of the posts on this site, but didn't see where it was revealed that part of the 64 bit program still had 32 bit parts.

Default BW10 on Mac Catalina

I have purchased Parallels licence and it works just as new. I have only one issue with BW on Parallels and Win10 - I can't freeze Analysis window results on mouse move by SHIFT key. Any ideas where is the set-up for this function? How to map another key for this function? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by dedeziv View Post
    I have purchased Parallels licence and it works just as new. I have only one issue with BW on Parallels and Win10 - I can't freeze Analysis window results on mouse move by SHIFT key. Any ideas where is the set-up for this function? How to map another key for this function? Thank you.
    It's been quite a while since I had to figure this out, so my memory is rusty. If you look, you can probably find an old post addressing this question (it was a know issue some years ago). Having said all that, I believe that this should do it: right-click on your Parallels icon and then click on "control center". From there click on the settings button (cogwheel). Once there, if you go to Mouse settings and keyboard, you should see options for the keyboard, one of which says "Optimize for games". If you choose that setting, it should activate the the freeze option you want.

I hope that can help you get where you want to be!

Donald Cobb
    Aix-en-Provence, France

Too bad about this problem. If BW doesn't have a solution I guess that'll be the nail in the coffin for the Mac users. I guess I'm glad my PC for the foreseeable future is a Windows one. I haven't come to grips yet with what I'll do when I have to stop using BW.

dave
    David Spear
    Calvary Chapel of Manassas
    Manassas, Va. 20110
    http://www.calvarychapelmanassas.org/
    KJV Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without (apart from) the deeds of the law.

Default forced to stop using BW on Windows

Quote Originally Posted by calvary View Post
    Too bad about this problem. If BW doesn't have a solution I guess that'll be the nail in the coffin for the Mac users. I guess I'm glad my PC for the foreseeable future is a Windows one. I haven't come to grips yet with what I'll do when I have to stop using BW.

dave
    I bought an inexpensive but adequate laptop. I installed BW on it. I don't connect it to the internet so Windows doesn't update. Hopefully then even if Windows 10 changes so that BW wouldn't work anymore I can have a working copy of BW. I am content with what I have without ever updating BW or Windows.