Thread: Need Help Adding a New Translation to BW10

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Need Help Adding a New Translation to BW10

Hello, everyone. I have received permission and the electronic file for converting into the BW10 format the English Heritage Version that was recently released in July 2019. It will be available on Logos soon, and Biblegateway, but of course I would like to get it working with BW10. I have had some discussions with Glenn Weaver about this in June 2018 before I had access to the electronic files or the permission to publish the EHV into the BW10 format. At the time Glenn mentioned that he has some programming scripts to do the lion share of the conversion. I sent Glenn a new personal message, but I noticed that Glenn hasn't been on the Forum since 8/27/2019, now more than a month ago.

Does anyone have Glenn's personal email, so I could send him a request for his assistance or request his programming scripts? (If you have that perhaps it would be best to send me a personal message with that information so we don't make it public on the forum.)

Does anyone else have experience in converting from one e-file format to another?

Currently the file that I have is epub which Glenn had said was one of the easier formats to use to convert into the BW10 User Database file for Bible Translations. If you have experience with this work and have some scripts that can do the majority of the conversion, I would be interested in working with you to bring this new English Bible Translation to the BW community.

Quote Originally Posted by stevedaley View Post

Does anyone else have experience in converting from one e-file format to another?

Currently the file that I have is epub which Glenn had said was one of the easier formats to use to convert into the BW10 User Database file for Bible Translations. If you have experience with this work and have some scripts that can do the majority of the conversion, I would be interested in working with you to bring this new English Bible Translation to the BW community.
    I don't have the script files that Glenn has but I have quite a bit of experience in making resources for BibleWorks. I can see if I can help you. direct message me through here and I'll send you my email address.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!