Thread: Urgend request

Default Urgend request

- this was intended to be sent to info@bibleworks.com but sadly it went back, so we post it here, sorry, if this is unsuitable -

Dear brethren, we both want to continue to spread Bibleworks, as nothing can compete with it and it is the best for bible studies. That`s why the question if we can`t buy licences for 2000 Euros, without any wish or interest for own profit to sell it on to interested folks. Or is it absolutely unpossible to do so, as threre are brethren desperately willing to gain a copy of it? The suggestion is, that we get as many licences for that amount as possible, then we sell it without win or more money to some of interested folks here. We both work still with it and others want to do as well.
    Please go on or restart or at least let us spread these licences. We hope indeed that a solution on your side is somehow possible.
    Yours in Christ
    Peter Streitenberger and Andreas Moser (Germany and Swizerland)

Default restarting BW

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    - this was intended to be sent to info@bibleworks.com but sadly it went back, so we post it here, sorry, if this is unsuitable -

Dear brethren, we both want to continue to spread Bibleworks, as nothing can compete with it and it is the best for bible studies. That`s why the question if we can`t buy licences for 2000 Euros, without any wish or interest for own profit to sell it on to interested folks. Or is it absolutely unpossible to do so, as threre are brethren desperately willing to gain a copy of it? The suggestion is, that we get as many licences for that amount as possible, then we sell it without win or more money to some of interested folks here. We both work still with it and others want to do as well.
    Please go on or restart or at least let us spread these licences. We hope indeed that a solution on your side is somehow possible.
    Yours in Christ
    Peter Streitenberger and Andreas Moser (Germany and Swizerland)

Peter,

If I had legal rights to everything in the program, I would simply release it to be distributed for free. But there are dozens of databases in BibleWorks which we licensed from other companies. We paid them licensing fees. But when the company closed down all of those licenses ceased to exist. There is no way to sell new licenses and pay the licensors of all the databases. It would be illegal for us to sell new licenses. I am sorry, but there is no way to restart BibleWorks. If you know someone who is desperate for a copy let me know privately and I will see what I can do. But what you are asking is simply impossible. I am sorry.

Mike

But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible
    Matthew 19:26
    Glenn Lawson