Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Getting logged out of forum

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    771

    Default Getting logged out of forum

    Recently this forum seems to log me out every day. I generally check it every morning; and each morning when I come back I've been logged out. Are others experiencing this? Perhaps it's a new feature. Not a big problem, but I'm wondering.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,074

    Default Loging

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    Recently this forum seems to log me out every day. I generally check it every morning; and each morning when I come back I've been logged out. Are others experiencing this? Perhaps it's a new feature. Not a big problem, but I'm wondering.
    Do you leave the computer on all the time? Often Windows will install an update late at night and reboot spontaneously. That would log uou out.
    Mike

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    Do you leave the computer on all the time? Often Windows will install an update late at night and reboot spontaneously. That would log uou out.
    Mike
    I hibernate the computer at night, but I have Windows Update set to ask before it installs. When I wake the computer up in the morning everything is as it was, but I'm logged out of this forum. It's puzzling, because it only started happening recently, and evidently isn't happening to others. If I ever get bothered enough about it, maybe I'll look into clearing out cookies to see if that fixes it.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    771

    Default

    One correction: it seems to log me out at least every time I hibernate the computer, even in the middle of the same day.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,151

    Default

    Maybe it doesn't want anyone to hog bandwidth?
    Mark Eddy

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    One correction: it seems to log me out at least every time I hibernate the computer, even in the middle of the same day.
    You could try turning hibernation off to see if that totally removes the problem of being logged off the BW forum. If so, you could then turn it back on. That may be enough to fix the problem. If it doesn't fix it, at least you will know that you have a choice: keep hibernation or keep BW forum logon.

    If you search "Windows hibernate data corruption" or "Windows hibernate unreliable" or something like that, you will see that occasionally hibernation causes problems when it is used.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    771

    Default

    Thanks, folks. Honestly, it's a minor once-a-day issue, so probably not worth a change to my overall computer use routine. But if it gets more aggravating, I'll come back here.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    771

    Default

    For the record, this problem seems to have resolved itself. Don't ask me how; it's just not happening anymore.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •