Thread: BW 10 Installer will not start

Default BW 10 Installer will not start

I just bought a new PC and I am attempting to install Bibleworks on it. I have tried both using my USB stick version of 10 and I downloaded the 22 GB iso from the website. In both instances, running the setup.exe does nothing. If I run the autorun.exe, I get a window where I can click Install/Configure but clicking that also produces nothing. I do not have an antivirus installed yet. I am at a complete loss as to how to install BW. At this point, I guess I am going to be done with BW. Sad, because I still had use for it in spite of the discontinuation. If anyone has any insights to help me install, I'd appreciate that.
    Fred Greco
    Senior Pastor, Christ Church PCA (Katy, TX)
    Christ Church Blog

"The heart is the main thing in true religion...It is the hinge and turning-point in the condition of man's soul. If the heart is alive to God and quickened by the Spirit, the man is a living Christian. If the heart is dead and has not the Spirit, the man is dead before God." (J.C. Ryle)

Default Setup

Quote Originally Posted by FredGreco View Post
    I just bought a new PC and I am attempting to install Bibleworks on it. I have tried both using my USB stick version of 10 and I downloaded the 22 GB iso from the website. In both instances, running the setup.exe does nothing. If I run the autorun.exe, I get a window where I can click Install/Configure but clicking that also produces nothing. I do not have an antivirus installed yet. I am at a complete loss as to how to install BW. At this point, I guess I am going to be done with BW. Sad, because I still had use for it in spite of the discontinuation. If anyone has any insights to help me install, I'd appreciate that.
    Browse to the installation folder and double-click on the setup.exe program.

Mike

Default Installation Problems

Fred,

There's no reason to give up on this. BW10 is completely compatible with Windows 10. The fact that this is a new computer is suspicious. If it came with Windows preinstalled, it may already have anti-virus installed. Turn it off. Also turn off the firewall. If you are using a wireless mouse, check the battery and/or try it with a wired mouse. If you have enough space, try copying all the installation files to a hard drive folder and run setup.exe from there.

Mike

OK. I was able to finally install BW10. I had tried browsing to the setup.exe in both the USB stick and the downloaded ISO. What did work (and I include this here for future Google searchers) is to change the TEMP location from the User directory to the root C:/ drive. Once I did that, my installation went ahead fine. I can't find the article that suggested the fix, but the changing of temp location in environment variables can be seen here:

https://www.howtogeek.com/285710/how...another-drive/
    Fred Greco
    Senior Pastor, Christ Church PCA (Katy, TX)
    Christ Church Blog

"The heart is the main thing in true religion...It is the hinge and turning-point in the condition of man's soul. If the heart is alive to God and quickened by the Spirit, the man is a living Christian. If the heart is dead and has not the Spirit, the man is dead before God." (J.C. Ryle)

Default Temp folder

OK. I was able to finally install BW10. I had tried browsing to the setup.exe in both the USB stick and the downloaded ISO. What did work (and I include this here for future Google searchers) is to change the TEMP location from the User directory to the root C:/ drive. Once I did that, my installation went ahead fine. I can't find the article that suggested the fix, but the changing of temp location in environment variables can be seen here:

https://www.howtogeek.com/285710/how...another-drive/
    Thanks for sharing this. I have run into a similar problem with certainl Adobe applications. I don't even remember which ones, but it did take a long time to find the problem. I have an SSD main drive and I like to move the temp folder to an external drive. You should be able to move the temp folder back to where you had it after installation. Curiously though, BW installs fine on my PC even though I have moved the temp folder. Sometimes what is needed is to clear out the temp folder.

Mike