Thread: Making hyperlink popups the same in Analysis and Notes windows

Default Making hyperlink popups the same in Analysis and Notes windows

In my copy of BibleWorks, hyperlinks to Scripture references behave differently in the Analysis and Notes windows. I'd like them to behave the same way.

Specifically, in the Analysis window, when I point to a hyperlink without clicking, nothing happens. When I click the hyperlink, a popup is displayed, containing the referenced verse in four versions that I previously selected. (This behavior is configured by right-clicking in the Analysis window and choosing Scripture Reference Popups > Show Single On Click.)

In the Notes window, when I point to a hyperlink without clicking, a popup is displayed, containing the referenced verse in just one version. (This can be disabled by clicking the Set Editor Options button on the toolbar, and clearing the "Enable verse popups" checkbox.) When I click the hyperlink, the verse is displayed in the Browse window.

Is it possible to make the hyperlink popups in the Notes window behave exactly like they do in the Analysis window? I was thinking that I had configured them to work that way, but now they are not. I upgraded to version 10 just before BibleWorks went out of production, so maybe it was configured differently in my previous version (9?).

Thanks!

The two kinds of pop-ups that you are trying to reconcile are quite different critters.

The hypertext link capability in the BW Editor allows various kinds of links -- verse popups, opening lexicons, opening other files, etc. In the case of verse popups, you have to specify version and reference. The hypertext link will (I assume) work in any part of BW which uses the BW Editor -- Verse and Chapter Notes, UserLex, and Editor windows, floating or in one of the Analysis Windows.

The verse pop-up capability that uses the version lists you set at Main Menu / View / Choose Popup Versions applies to most other cases: the Search Results window, if enabled; the Use Tab, if that option is turned on; the floating Lexicon window, Lexicon text in Analysis Tab, Version Notes in the Analysis Tab. (List is not exhaustive.)
    BW Help for Verson Database Compiler, in the section on special formatting for version notes, shows a very different format for embedding verse pop-ups (that does not allow you to specify version) than does the Help for BW Editor hypertext links.

The BW Editor verse pop-up feature is a subset of a more general linking capability, operating within the environment of the BW Editor.
    The other, multi-version pop-up, capability appears to be embedded in the larger BW environment.
    BW appears to have opted for the more flexible hypertext link approach for the BW Editor, rather than the more specific verse pop-up used elsewhere in BW.
    So I don't think you can get them to behave the same way. (This is not new in BW10, so the same would apply to BW9)

--Jim