Thread: BW9 activation code

Default BW9 activation code

Hello,

Support needed. my 10 yo laptop crashed recently along with my BW9 software. I haven't found my Bible works 9 original CD packaging to re-install. Is there any way to retrieve my purchased activation code besides having the original packaging with the activation code?

I was able to pull the hard drive of out the crashed laptop and have found my old BW9 files but haven't figured out which .exe, if any in my folder, will re-install it or make the BW9 software work again (see attached picture of files).
    Name:  Picture1.png
Views: 83
Size:  246.0 KB

Thanks for any assistance,
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mbjornholm View Post
    Hello,I was able to pull the hard drive of out the crashed laptop and have found my old BW9 files but haven't figured out which .exe, if any in my folder, will re-install it or make the BW9 software work again (see attached picture of files).Mark
    Reopen the removed hard drive as you did in the image in your post. If it is the g drive again, open g:\Windows\System32\config\SOFTWARE in a tool that will display the contents of that registry file. Navigate to Current_User\Software\BibleWorks\BibleWorks 9\Serial Nums. You will find all of your activation codes there. They need to be reformatted as BW90-????-????-????-???? using the name as the first four characters, and then using the Data in groups of 4 characters separated by hyphens.

Then you will have all of your activation codes.

You will need to have installation media as each instance of BW is tied to the computer that it was installed on. During installation the connection to that computer is made. If you do not have media, you could post that on the forum and see if you could get a copy of the BW9 installation media. Then you could use it to reinstall BW9. After activation, rebooting, and making sure that everything works well, you could copy your BW9 folder from the hard drive that you removed and overwrite the BW9 folder on the new computer. The activation should be preserved and your new system should work.
    Last edited by now john; 07-07-2019 at 11:12 PM.