Thread: Update to BW 10.0.8.734 fails

Default Update to BW 10.0.8.734 fails

Hello out there,

perhaps somebody can help?

When trying to install the update to BW version 10.0.8.734, the download is done completely, but then the update fails with the error message 50, "the disk is (or was) full during extraction."

Well, the update file is ~ 36 MB, whereas on my harddisk, there are 380 GB free space.

Methought that should be sufficient. On the other hand,
    "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in our philosophy."
    Which is especially true in the realm of computers & software...

My current BW version is 10.0.8.710; OS is Windows 10, version 1803, build 17134.829 (German version).
    Apart from that, BW 10.0.8.710 is running fine on my machine.

Be blessed,
    Joachim [yow:˙kh-heem]

Does your system have only 1 harddisk?

I think, the downloaded file is first saved to a certain folder where it is then extracted/unpacked/unzipped before being applied to the BW main program. So, it is possible that the size of that folder is somehow limited in size for the full extraction to take place?
    It is worth to investigate this possibility (check your unzip program and its corresponding folder property).

And, I just did the update and report that it went smoothly. The installation of this 10.0.8.734 update also triggers 2 optional updates (10.0.8.726 and 10.0.8.731) for me and I installed those as well.

Mine is Windows 10, 1803, 17134.765 (Chinese version) when I did the update from 10.0.8.710 to 10.0.8.734.

Default Got the culprit!

Hi Matt,

sorry for my delayed answer and much thanks for your suggestions. In the meantime, I've got the culprit. It has turned out that you have been completely right. Obviously, MS Windows 10 is using a local folder for downloads and/or updates which is limited to a certain amount of space -- although there are still hundreds of GigBytes left on my hard disk!

After a recent update, I got an error message from MS leading to this problem's solution. It is described en detail at

https://support.microsoft.com/en-en/...up-drive-space

For any users of another Windows version but the English one, replace "en-en" in the above link with your local language code (e.g. in my case, "de-de" for German) to get the proper translation.

Well, although I was able to solve the problem by following the instructions found there, it is nevertheless very annoying that Microsoft is providing their users with new bugs, ehm, "features" per each Windows update that often disturb my personal system configuration and therefore my workflow. Once upon a time, "PC" meant, "Personal Computer". My own, not Microsoft's. Guess I will switch to Linux ASAP.

God bless, Joachim