Thread: Bibleworks New Update?

Default Bibleworks New Update?

Is anyone else seeing an update when you open Bibleworks? I thought there were no more updates? Is this official? Or do I need to avoid it?

Name:  BW.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  181.1 KB
    Fred Greco
    Senior Pastor, Christ Church PCA (Katy, TX)
    Christ Church Blog

"The heart is the main thing in true religion...It is the hinge and turning-point in the condition of man's soul. If the heart is alive to God and quickened by the Spirit, the man is a living Christian. If the heart is dead and has not the Spirit, the man is dead before God." (J.C. Ryle)

This isn't the first update since BW officially shut down. I went ahead and downloaded the update a couple of days ago with no problems so far, FWIW.
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.

I too have received this notification of an BW update. Its description says this is for 'Windows Compatibility'.

I am still using Windows 10's 1803 version and my BW works just fine. So, I hesitate a little if this BW update might somehow disrupt the current harmony between BW10 and Windows 10. So, for the time being, I am holding off. Basically, I am using the ''do not do any software update if there is no known problem'' approach.

However, I read that Microsoft is going to force users of 1803 (and all other earlier versions) to upgrade to the latest version (1903 or whatever like 19H2) beginning end of June 2019. So, I will have to see how this develops as end of June is approaching fast.

For those who have already done this BW update, may I ask, which version of Windows are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by shalommatt View Post

For those who have already done this BW update, may I ask, which version of Windows are you using?
    I am also running Windows 10 1803 and updated Bibleworks with no issues. I will check when I get home to see what version of windows I am running on my laptop because I also update BW on that and it works great.

Default Updates

Quote Originally Posted by FredGreco View Post
    Is anyone else seeing an update when you open Bibleworks? I thought there were no more updates? Is this official? Or do I need to avoid it?

Name:  BW.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  181.1 KB
    These compatibility updates fix occasional Windows issues as well as program bug fixes. There likely will be no more new features, but there will be occasional bug fixes as they come to light and I am able to reproduce them and have time to fix them. Nothing has been posted that is in any way risky.

Mike

Default New Update

Thanks Mike!

Gilbert

Using BW10 with Mac 64bit installer. Updated with no issues.