Thread: Tov Parallel Hebrew/LXX window crashes

Default Tov Parallel Hebrew/LXX window crashes

For many months I have been crashing BibleWorks some of the times when I try to open the Tov Parallel Hebrew/LXX window. Arter a crash I can always open that module with no problem. The crashes occur when I have been working in my editor window/tab and switch back to the browse window, then click on the Tov icon. The crash occurs only after I have switched between the editor and browse windows numerous times (I do not know what the minimum would be, but it is more than 3 or 4). I have learned to save my editor before trying to open Tov, so I do not lose data. But the crash happens whether I save the editor file or not. I have also produced such a crash when I had the Synopsis Tool open. There seems to be some sort of syncing problem, that Tov does not know what verse to open up. But I have tried clicking on the browse window, changing verses on the browse window and then coming back to the verse I want, etc. Sometimes Tov opens. Sometimes it causes a crash. I have reported this to Michael Bushell, and he cannot replicate the crash. He suspects a code flaw in Tov, but I cannot find any smoking gun code similarities in the verses from which I have produced the crashes. So, he suggested that I alert you, and ask if anyone else has this problem. I get the same crash on both my Windows 10 an my Windows XP computers. Any ideas?
    Mark Eddy

Default Tov

Mark, or anyone who can reproduce the error, it might help if you could send me a video of crash. I know that is difficult since you can't predict when it will happen. I have messed around quite a bit and cannot reproduce. It may be as simple as what versions are in use or what tabs are active.
    Mike