Thread: BibleWorks 64 bit stopped working.

Default BibleWorks 64 bit stopped working.

I installed BibleWorks 64 for MAC earlier this year, and it worked fine until a few days ago when I received the following message. I uninstalled BibleWorks and reinstalled it. It opened properly a couple of times, then I received the message again. Can anyone help me? Thank you.

"The program bw100064.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. This can be caused by a problem in BibleWorks or a deficiency in Wine, the compatibility layer which is being used to run BibleWorks. Contact the makers of BibleWorks for help."

John LaShell

Default Problem Resolved

Apparently the problem was that I had changed the fonts to make them larger for my old eyes. I may have known about that when I first installed the 64 bit version, but I forgot. At any rate, it seems to be working OK now.

Quote Originally Posted by JOHN LASHELL View Post
    I installed BibleWorks 64 for MAC earlier this year, and it worked fine until a few days ago when I received the following message. I uninstalled BibleWorks and reinstalled it. It opened properly a couple of times, then I received the message again. Can anyone help me? Thank you.

"The program bw100064.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. This can be caused by a problem in BibleWorks or a deficiency in Wine, the compatibility layer which is being used to run BibleWorks. Contact the makers of BibleWorks for help."

John LaShell

Same has happened to me a few times. So do you know how we an change the font size without it stopping BW working?
    Duncan Forbes
    New Life Church, Roehampton, London
    www.newlifelondon.com
    www.duncanf.blogspot.com

Default Changing fonts

Quote Originally Posted by Dunk View Post
    Same has happened to me a few times. So do you know how we an change the font size without it stopping BW working?
    Sorry, Duncan. I don't know a way to change fonts without causing BW to crash. Maybe somebody else does. John

Actually, if you just want to increase the size of everything, so you can read it more easily, you can adjust the scaling. It's in the menu: Edit > Scaling options..., and you just increase the number a let the program restart. I know this is not the ideal solution, I would also like to see the wrapper fixed, so that I can set the CE font, but it does solve your problem.

Default change font size

Quote Originally Posted by Fantomas View Post
    Actually, if you just want to increase the size of everything, so you can read it more easily, you can adjust the scaling. It's in the menu: Edit > Scaling options..., and you just increase the number a let the program restart. I know this is not the ideal solution, I would also like to see the wrapper fixed, so that I can set the CE font, but it does solve your problem.
    Thank you Fantomas.
    John