Thread: BW10 will suddenly not start... Win10 PC

Question BW10 will suddenly not start... Win10 PC

Win10, BW 10.4 and 10.6, latest 10.0.8.710

After having been OK since May 2018, suddenly a few weeks ago program stopped working. Initial window comes up, claims to read ini-file, loads something and then disappears. Tried to completely uninstall & reinstall, same problem. Cannot find ini-file when asking to edit it (shift/double click / tried all recommended actions in there as well).

Any clues what I can try nextů.

Best regards,
    Anni Behrendt

I noticed earlier that two new BibleWorks Executable updates were posted at the same time. When that occurs it is an error on our part and if both are chosen and applied at the same time it can cause the program to crash. The extra update has been removed and only one remains. We apologize for any difficulty that this caused.

I would suggest following the instructions here to fix the problem:
    https://kb.bibleworks.com/article/AA-02994
    Last edited by Mark Cannon; 03-13-2019 at 03:47 PM.
    Mark Cannon

Thumbs up !!!!

THANKS FOR THE UPDATE!!!

Gilbert

Quote Originally Posted by Anni Behrendt View Post
    Win10, BW 10.4 and 10.6, latest 10.0.8.710

After having been OK since May 2018, suddenly a few weeks ago program stopped working. Initial window comes up, claims to read ini-file, loads something and then disappears. Tried to completely uninstall & reinstall, same problem. Cannot find ini-file when asking to edit it (shift/double click / tried all recommended actions in there as well).

Any clues what I can try nextů.

Best regards,
    Anni Behrendt
    I just noticed that one possible solution to your problem was just posted. I will post this anyway for two reasons.

1) If you did make an installation of BW since they closed last year, a new installation should be made from the ISO.
    2) In the case that what Mark wrote doesn't help you.

Did you make the most recent installation using the ISO downloaded from www.bibleworks.com? If not, that would be the place to begin.

When you run the ISO the first time it should detect the current BW installation and offer to uninstall it. After uninstalling BW reboot the computer and try the installation with the ISO again. This time it should not detect an old installation and should only offer to make a new installation. Make the new installation. Place an icon on the desktop to start the program. When it is finished, reboot the computer again. Then use the desktop icon to start BW.