Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No bibleworks in 2019?

Default No bibleworks in 2019?

Strange thing. You create a work like this, for money, and decide to cut the power in a world with thousands of different versions of the so called truth. What a truth-seeker need is sources, but this fallen world would do anything to prevent this.

So if i need a tool like this i need to get a cracked version?

You should put out this for free, if you don't have time or money to work for the truth. The word of God is free and should NOT be a commercial business. No wonder it wont work...

It`s all about the money. See this worlds modern gold-coins with the number 999 – 999,9 which in right position in a world turned up side down, looks like 666

See «the Red Dragon of Wales» (revelation) and «the Black Bull of Clarence»... from the gold calf to the Charging Bull of Wall Street, from the gold as money to the chip, the electronic mark

Hope you change your mind

Quote Originally Posted by Alma Mater View Post
    Strange thing. You create a work like this, for money, and decide to cut the power in a world with thousands of different versions of the so called truth. What a truth-seeker need is sources, but this fallen world would do anything to prevent this.

You should put out this for free, if you don't have time or money to work for the truth. The word of God is free and should NOT be a commercial business. No wonder it wont work...

It`s all about the money. See this worlds modern gold-coins with the number 999 – 999,9 which in right position in a world turned up side down, looks like 666

See «the Red Dragon of Wales» (revelation) and «the Black Bull of Clarence»... from the gold calf to the Charging Bull of Wall Street, from the gold as money to the chip, the electronic mark

Hello, Alma Mater, and welcome here. The creator of BibleWorks does read these posts, and occasionally replies as necessary. Mostly, though, this is user-to-user, so the "you" you are addressing is really us fellow-seekers.

As one of those, I will pardon you for this ill-informed and ill-thought-through outburst, since God has pardoned me for much more vile and ill-intentioned outbursts in times past.

It's not quite clear to me what you're complaining about: that BibleWorks ever existed as a commercial enterprise; or that it has ceased to exist as such. Mostly it seems that you are bothered that the free word of God was being sold. I take it, then, that you do not go to bookstores either, since they sell printed Bibles; and that when you go to church you never put a penny into the collection plate.

What BibleWorks offered--that past tense really saddens me, as it does all of us here--was access to resources that are not generally available for free anyway (such as critical editions of the biblical texts in Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic, as well as modern translations in a wide variety of languages, and a number of reference tools), coupled with a brilliantly programmed search tool that lets you look up, not just a word, but, say, a Greek word in a specific inflection in combination with specific other inflected words, in the whole Bible or in a selection of texts. It took hours of expert work to create this, and I believe creators should be paid. And again, the copyrighted texts BibleWorks contained were not available, to BibleWorks or anyone else, for free, so that the program could never have been "put out for free."

So, Alma Mater, I'm sorry if BibleWorks has offended you, but it has done a lot of good for others in our study, preaching, and teaching of God's Word. I do hope that you will find the free resources that you are looking for.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    Hello, Alma Mater, and welcome here. The creator of BibleWorks does read these posts, and occasionally replies as necessary. Mostly, though, this is user-to-user, so the "you" you are addressing is really us fellow-seekers..
    Well spoken and amen!

Hi everyone. Thanks for the information.
    Last edited by kevlevrone; 03-18-2019 at 08:24 AM.

Great post, David.
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.

Default !!!

Amen! Great post David!

Gilbert

Default To be sure, if there is one theme of Scripture common to both testaments it's that

A workman is worthy of his wage. I would suspect that a number of programmers have spent thousands of hours for which they were not directly paid. And I KNOW that current support, though dedicated and very knowledgeable, are not remunerated.

But I do h ave a question since the last update a week ago as to how I am able to display multiple versions of the same verse. For some reason I got it to work once, but the icon now disappears from the header.

Quote Originally Posted by Alma Mater View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Lantz View Post
    But I do have a question since the last update a week ago as to how I am able to display multiple versions of the same verse. For some reason I got it to work once, but the icon now disappears from the header.
    In either the main Browse Window or the Browse Window that is one of the Analysis Window tabs, with that window active tap "b" to toggle between Single version, mulitverse mode and Multiversion, single verse mode. The same toggle can be accomplished in the active Browse Window by double clicking "Browse" in the Menu bar below the main browse window.

If the icon "Browse Toggle" has disappeared from icon tool bar below the main menu, it can be added back by clicking on the Toolbar Setup icon Name:  toolbar setup icon.png
Views: 535
Size:  543 Bytes.

Locate the "Browse Toggle" icon in the left panel and add it back into the right panel. Or if you wish you can go to the Main Menu, click View, Toolbar, Edit Main Toolbar to reinstall the icon.

Brian, another possibility is that you have minimized your browse window toolbar. At the top of the browse window, to the right of where it says "Browse Window," there is a small arrow pointing either up or down. If pointing down, click on it and your icon should reappear.
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.

Default Wow

I'm saddened to see this company go down and even more saddened to see an outburst like that. I own pretty much every software made for Bible studies. I'm sure I have duplicates across the board but I like seeing things from different viewpoints and every software has a different viewpoint. Bibleworks had a business model I very much admired. They zipped up everything you need in a nice package, had a few modules for a few dollars more that you didn't get and might need. They sold it at what I thought was a pretty competitive price. If you think they charged a lot, go look at Logos. I won't say what I've got invested there, it hurts to think about it...lol. Accordance is a bit better. The only cheaper software out there would be SwordSearcher. It's a lot more limited but it is very good at what it does. Bibleworks was excellent for language studies. It still is. I just hope and pray that they will find some way to bring it back and roll out Bibleworks 11 some day. I can find not one bad thing to say about Bibleworks. It's beautifully designed and is lightning fast to find things. It doesn't have the massive resources of Logos but to be honest, you don't really need all that. I do wish that posts like this didn't exist but it takes all kinds to make the world go round.