Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lange's Commentary

Default Lange's Commentary

I understand that Lange's commentary is supposed to be available to all Bibleworks 10 users. I went to Help/Check Updates but there were no updates available. Is there any other way to get this commentary? I guess I missed it the first time it was made available. Thanks for any help you can provide.

download the file from:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/6ift7...6.303.pbn/file

click on downloaded file

Last edited by pasquale; 02-17-2019 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pasquale View Post
    download the file from:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/6ift7...6.303.pbn/file

click on downloaded file

I downloaded the file, then clicked (and also tried double-clicking) but nothing happened. It asked me what app I wanted to associate with the file. I associated it with bw1000.exe but that didn't help either. Any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by appylover View Post
    I downloaded the file, then clicked (and also tried double-clicking) but nothing happened. It asked me what app I wanted to associate with the file. I associated it with bw1000.exe but that didn't help either. Any other suggestions?
    In file explorer find the BW folder. The usual location is c:\program files (x86)\bibleworks 10\ unless you installed the program at another location.
    Find and open the "patches" subfolder. Find and open the "applied" subfolder. Copy rev1_lang_10.0.6.303.pbn to the patches subfolder.
    Open BW. In the main toolbar click Tools, Options, Updates, Check for updates, Options, Show downloaded/hidden patches.
    In the list displayed on my computer I found it by going to the end and the moving one page up (with Show Descriptions checked). It is listed as "Lange's Commentary."
    Select that update by checking the box. Then "Apply Selected Updates."

Name:  patch applied.png
Views: 233
Size:  181.0 KB

lange.chd, lange.chm, lange.sdx, lange.vri, lange.vrt should now be in the c:\program files (x86)\bibleworks 10\databases folder.

In the Analysis Window open the Vs1 or Vs2 tab
    From the drop down Menu select Lange's Commentary, then click Expand
    A new window opened on my computer with an error message. I clicked on a different item in the Contents list and everything worked after that.
    Last edited by now john; 02-19-2019 at 04:25 AM.

Thank you! That worked.

Can someone tell me why Langes Commentary is not showing up in the verse tab? I uninstalled and reinstalled Bibleworks on my Laptop from the thumb-drive I had purchased. Everything works fine except Langes does not show up in the verse tab like it had before. I have all five files in the databases folder. They are all unblocked. A caveat to this is that I also had Bibleworks installed on my desk-top. I copied the database folder from the desk-top to the lap-top so as not to lose any modules I had used before. I also copied over the ini, userdb, and patches files. The Commentary shows up under "Resources" I did not use the iso file online because it seemed like it would take all day to download (22 gb). Can you help?
    Last edited by kzitsch; 02-21-2019 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kzitsch View Post
    Can someone tell me why Langes Commentary is not showing up in the verse tab? I uninstalled and reinstalled Bibleworks on my Laptop from the thumb-drive I had purchased. Everything works fine except Langes does not show up in the verse tab like it had before. I have all five files in the databases folder. They are all unblocked. A caveat to this is that I also had Bibleworks installed on my desk-top. I copied the database folder from the desk-top to the lap-top so as not to lose any modules I had used before. I also copied over the ini, userdb, and patches files. The Commentary shows up under "Resources" I did not use the iso file online because it seemed like it would take all day to download (22 gb). Can you help?
    Follow the instructions here: https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sh...7109#post37109
    It may be that if you step through the instructions you will find Lange's Commentary in the list. If so check it and apply that update.
    If not, you could try downloading this file: https://www.mediafire.com/file/6ift7...6.303.pbn/file and then use the same instructions to enable it in BW.

Default No Go

I downloaded the pbn file from the cloud. I deleted what was in the patches file for Langes, and then I deleted the files in "databases." I clicked on the pbn file in my downloads, and it restored all the files I erased. Yet, Langes still does not show up in the vs. tab. What am I missing? There does not seem to be a good reason for this.

Quote Originally Posted by kzitsch View Post
    I downloaded the pbn file from the cloud. I deleted what was in the patches file for Langes, and then I deleted the files in "databases." I clicked on the pbn file in my downloads, and it restored all the files I erased. Yet, Langes still does not show up in the vs. tab. What am I missing? There does not seem to be a good reason for this.
    I closed BW and deleted the 5 lange commentary files from the BW databases folder. I opened BW and confirmed that Lange's commentary was not displayed in the Vs1 tab. I closed BW and double clicked on rev1_lang-10.0.303 in my downloads. The BW window below opened (see first image). I clicked OK, then Apply Selected Updates, and watched and saw that the update was being installed by BW. BW closed and reopened and Lange's appeared in the Vs1 tab (see second image) and worked.

I repeated this a few times just to make sure that it worked as expected. One of those times it did not work. I closed BW and tried it again and it did work. (Sometimes when I click Expand I receive an error message but clicking on a different item in the Contents list always fixes the problem.)

Did the process work for you as described? If not, at what step did it fail?

First image
    Name:  pbn installation.png
Views: 217
Size:  184.8 KB

Second image
    Name:  lange's installed.png
Views: 224
Size:  105.2 KB

I closed BW and deleted the 5 lange commentary files from the BW databases folder. I opened BW and confirmed that Lange's commentary was not displayed in the Vs1 tab. I closed BW and double clicked on rev1_lang-10.0.303 in my downloads. The BW window below opened (see first image). I clicked OK, then Apply Selected Updates, and watched and saw that the update was being installed by BW.

Did the process work for you as described? If not, at what step did it fail?

I have tried that process 4 times now and Lange's still does not show up in the verse tab. Remember that I re-installed the program from my media that I purchased and then applied all the patches from my other computer. I also applied the downloads file from there as well as the ini and userdb files. Does this have something to do with it. If so, that is problematic, because I shouldn't have to download from an iso file online. The internet might go out tomorrow. Not being confrontational here, just concerned. Appreciate any help here.

Ken Zitsch
    Last edited by kzitsch; 02-22-2019 at 05:20 PM.