Thread: NIV version options?

Default NIV version options?

Greetings,
    I am new to BW 10.
    I see the 4 options to the NIV, the 2011 US, the Reader's Version and 2 UK versions.
    I am correct in thinking that we don't have the option of the 1984 US NIV?
    Thank you.
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by PastorTom View Post
    Greetings,
    I am new to BW 10.
    I see the 4 options to the NIV, the 2011 US, the Reader's Version and 2 UK versions.
    Thank you.
    Tom
    I have an NIVO. It is definitely a 1984 edition, The NIBO is the 1984 UK edition. But I don't see any definite identification of the NIVO as a US edition. I believe the license to the NIVO is something that I inherited from an earlier version of BW.

Greetings,
    I am new to BW 10.
    Thank you.
    Tom
    Tom,
    Zondervan discontinued the availability of NIV 1984. If BW customers had it prior to the discontinuation they continued to have access to it.

Quote Originally Posted by jfidel View Post
    Tom,
    Zondervan discontinued the availability of NIV 1984. If BW customers had it prior to the discontinuation they continued to have access to it.
    Thanks.

So I did have it in a previous version. But that does not mean I would/could have it in BW 10, right?

Thanks again.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by now john View Post
    I have an NIVO. It is definitely a 1984 edition, The NIBO is the 1984 UK edition. But I don't see any definite identification of the NIVO as a US edition. I believe the license to the NIVO is something that I inherited from an earlier version of BW.
    Do we know what NIBO stands for?
    Thanks!
    Tom

Do we know what NIBO stands for?
    Thanks!
    Tom
    New International Version, British, Older 1984 edition

So the NIVO is also an Older 1984 edition, and most likely the New International Version, American edition

Thanks.

So I did have it in a previous version. But that does not mean I would/could have it in BW 10, right?

Thanks again.

Tom
    Did you try using the BW installation media and selecting the Modify option to see if it is available to you. When you first installed BW did you have an activation code for BW8 or BW9 that would allow you to install and activate versions that were part of those installations, but are not currently offered?

Two clarifications:
    The NIVO definitely IS the 1984 American edition of the NIV.
    If you owned BibleWorks before 2011, this version had the abbreviation NIV (since there was no Older version at that time). If so, you purchased what is now called NIVO, and you are entitled to use it. To use it in BW10, you need the Upgrade code from BW9, not just the original BW9 installation disk. If you purchased BW10 without the upgrade code, I can supply one to you. If you did not upgrade to BW8 or BW9, there is one other way you can regain the use of the 1984 NIV, but to do that it would be best if you have your older version of BibleWorks available. I can walk you through the process, if necessary.
    Mark Eddy

As Mark Eddy mentioned in his last post, I can also help with this, cheers