Thread: Copy from Browse Window to Editor in the Analysis Window

Default Copy from Browse Window to Editor in the Analysis Window

Greetings,

Basic question: what is the most efficient way to copy from the browse window to the editor in the analysis window?

In my previous version, I could use one of the icons in the toolbar.

Now, it seems as though I need to highlight the text, right click, and then scroll within the options to copy the text. Yes, not impossible. But also not efficient if you are doing that a lot.

Are there other options?

Thank you!

Tom T.

Quote Originally Posted by PastorTom View Post
    Greetings,

Basic question: what is the most efficient way to copy from the browse window to the editor in the analysis window?

In my previous version, I could use one of the icons in the toolbar.

Now, it seems as though I need to highlight the text, right click, and then scroll within the options to copy the text. Yes, not impossible. But also not efficient if you are doing that a lot.

Are there other options?

Thank you!

Tom T.
    If you have the copy options setup the way you want, select the portion in the browse window, right click, click on copy selected text, then copy to existing editor.
    After that, highlight a new portion, right click, and click on Repeat Last Copy Command. It seems to be easier than making a selection and the clicking on an icon in the editor window.

Or after you setup the copy options and the first copy (as above), select a portion, and press Control C. That may be the simplest way to do it.
    Last edited by now john; 01-31-2019 at 01:26 PM.

If you have the copy options setup the way you want, >>

Thank you for your help. Can you tell me how to do this, that is, set up the copy options?

Thanks again.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by PastorTom View Post
    If you have the copy options setup the way you want, >>

Thank you for your help. Can you tell me how to do this, that is, set up the copy options?

Thanks again.

Tom
    In the BW main menu go to Tools, Options, Output Format Options, Selected Browse Text.
    Below is an image of the setting I used to produce the output displayed in the image below that.

The only tag I selected was <p> to place a new line before each verse. I also checked Place reference before text.

I closed the Options Window and then clicked in the text entry portion of the BW editor to make it the "Last BW Editor Window."
    I then in the Browse window selected the entire verse including Book abbreviation and complete verse reference. Entered Control-c from the keyboard. I was working with the Browse window in muli-version mode. I went to the next verse and repeated the selection and copy process.
    The output was not consistent, as sometimes more than one new line was added. But with these setting I can get at least one, and it is fairly easy to delete the extra ones.

Name:  BW Options Output Selected Browse Window Text.png
Views: 32
Size:  38.0 KB

Name:  Editor window output.png
Views: 32
Size:  27.5 KB
    Last edited by now john; 02-01-2019 at 06:12 PM.