Thread: BW Ver 10.0.8.667 Reinstalled?

Default BW Ver 10.0.8.667 Reinstalled?

I have BW Ver 10.0.8.667 on my laptop. Got a new desktop. Installed from the mem stick and updated as much as possible. However, that new install only gets me to BW Ver 10.0.5.302. The update button shows no further updates. How can I at least update my desktop copy to the Laptop version: 10.0.8.667? I found a file: bwupdate.exe dated 7/7/2018 on the laptop in the Program Files (x86) /BibleWorks 10, but I'm not sure I should copy it over to the desktop and click it. Any help will be appreciated.

Actually, there are 38 files on the Laptop dated from 09/22/2016 to 10/27/2018 that are not in the same folder of the desktop. FWIW
    Last edited by philo; 01-30-2019 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by philo View Post
    I have BW Ver 10.0.8.667 on my laptop. Got a new desktop. Installed from the mem stick and updated as much as possible. However, that new install only gets me to BW Ver 10.0.5.302. The update button shows no further updates. How can I at least update my desktop copy to the Laptop version: 10.0.8.667? I found a file: bwupdate.exe dated 7/7/2018 on the laptop in the Program Files (x86) /BibleWorks 10, but I'm not sure I should copy it over to the desktop and click it. Any help will be appreciated.

Actually, there are 38 files on the Laptop dated from 09/22/2016 to 10/27/2018 that are not in the same folder of the desktop. FWIW
    See:

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    All the old updates have been removed from the server to minimize bandwidth usage. The updates were all folded into the last ISO posted. If you use that to do the installation all updates will be installed. Any new updates after this will be downloadable via the normal method.

Mike
    All new installations of BW should only be made from the links that are here: https://www.bibleworks.com/#slide4

After you install from the ISO there, you will be able to update that installation to the current version. If you copy a .exe file, it might update the .exe but it would not update the other files that have been updated since version 10.0.5.302. The ISO includes those updates.

Quote Originally Posted by now john View Post
    See:

All new installations of BW should only be made from the links that are here: https://www.bibleworks.com/#slide4

After you install from the ISO there, you will be able to update that installation to the current version. If you copy a .exe file, it might update the .exe but it would not update the other files that have been updated since version 10.0.5.302. The ISO includes those updates.

Thanks, Mike. This was helpful. FWIW, I actually had already seen all of what you list above, but did not understand how it related to what I needed to do. I don't ever deal with ISO files (?) and when I saw the BW10rev6.iso, I could not tell that this was more advanced than what I already had. If I had seen the note above on the #slide4 page, I would have understood. So now, I will uninstall and start over. I thank you very much.