Thread: Weird Issue/ Editor Window

Default Weird Issue/ Editor Window

As the title states I am perplexed by something that I've never had happen to me in BW 10. I recently upgraded to a new PC, moving from Win 7 pro to Win 10 pro. The install went without a hitch.
    Everything else seems to be functioning fine but I'm having a problem with the editor window (EW).

When I click on the EW tab and then try to open it via the "save & reopen floating" function, the detached window opens up and then after a few seconds it closes down and then the whole BW program shuts down immediately afterwards. No error message.... nothing. Just shuts down. It's repeatable. Happens every time I try and use the "save & reopen floating" function for the EW.

I like to use to EW window to store & edit my data before moving the info to my word processor. So this weird glitch is a problem for me.

I cannot repeat this on my laptop, which also has Windows 10.

Any suggestion? Thanks so much.

Dave
    David Spear
    Calvary Chapel of Manassas
    Manassas, Va. 20110
    http://www.calvarychapelmanassas.org/
    KJV Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without (apart from) the deeds of the law.

Quote Originally Posted by calvary View Post
    As the title states I am perplexed by something that I've never had happen to me in BW 10. I recently upgraded to a new PC, moving from Win 7 pro to Win 10 pro. The install went without a hitch.
    Everything else seems to be functioning fine but I'm having a problem with the editor window (EW).

When I click on the EW tab and then try to open it via the "save & reopen floating" function, the detached window opens up and then after a few seconds it closes down and then the whole BW program shuts down immediately afterwards. No error message.... nothing. Just shuts down. It's repeatable. Happens every time I try and use the "save & reopen floating" function for the EW.

I like to use to EW window to store & edit my data before moving the info to my word processor. So this weird glitch is a problem for me.

Dave
    Did you use the ISO to install BW? Did you check for and install updates so that you are running Version 10.0.8.667?

You could try using the main BW toolbar. Click on File, then Open Editor. Just use that floating EW to work in instead of the Analysis Window Editor tab.

This might fix the problem. Place the laptop next to the PC and go through BW Options Window, General, Flags. If there are any differences, I note each one and then change the PC options to be the same as the laptop options.

If that did not fix the issue, close BW, make a backup copy of the main BW ini file, delete it, and then restart BW. All of your settings will be lost. If that fixes the problem, good. Reset the flags. If not, restore the backup of the ini file.
    Last edited by now john; 01-22-2019 at 11:01 PM.

Thank you kind Sir. I'll give it all a try. Oh yes, latest iso file is what I used. And yes did check for updates.

I'll see what happens.

Dave
    David Spear
    Manassas, Va. 20110
    KJV Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without (apart from) the deeds of the law.

Thank you kind Sir. I'll give it all a try. Oh yes, latest iso file is what I used. And yes did check for updates.

I'll see what happens.

Dave
    A further thought. It may have to do with saving the file. Can you save an EW window as a file and open it again?
    Last edited by now john; 01-23-2019 at 12:56 PM.

Well, it looks like I'm not running Version 10.0.8.667, but 10.03.173. But the updater won't give me the option of upgrading. It just says "no updates available."

Anyone know where we can get updates to load manually?

Dave
    David Spear
    Manassas, Va. 20110

Well, it looks like I'm not running Version 10.0.8.667, but 10.03.173. But the updater won't give me the option of upgrading. It just says "no updates available."

Anyone know where we can get updates to load manually?

Dave
    Did you use the ISO downloaded from https://www.bibleworks.com/#slide4? Did you download it after July 16, 2018? Is it BibleWorks10Rev6? In January of 2018 the program had been updated to version 10.0.8.335. So the ISO that you used apparently is defective or older than Rev6 since the version number it installed is smaller than what was available a year ago.
    Last edited by now john; 01-26-2019 at 05:25 PM. Reason: clarification

When I click on the EW tab and then try to open it via the "save & reopen floating" function, the detached window opens up and then after a few seconds it closes down and then the whole BW program shuts down immediately afterwards. No error message.... nothing. Just shuts down. It's repeatable. Happens every time I try essay writing service and use the "save & reopen floating" function for the EW. I like to use to EW window to store & edit my data before moving the info to my word processor. So this weird glitch is a problem for me.

Dave
    Hi,

I'm running version 10.0.8.667 on Windows 10. Could the Windows updates cause the issues with the BW program (freezes all the time)? Everything worked fine before the updates.
    Last edited by TerryLewiss; 02-04-2019 at 06:45 AM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by TerryLewiss View Post
    Hi,

I'm running version 10.0.8.667 on Windows 10. Could the Windows updates cause the issues with the BW program (freezes all the time)? Everything worked fine before the updates.
    Windows updates could cause issues with the BW program. Since BW closed last year I believe there have been no confirmed reports of that happening. In other words there is no known problem like that on Windows 10.

The first fix to try would be to run BW. Go to the main tool bar and click File, Checkpoints, Exit and Save Checkpoint. Then restart BW and go to the main tool bar and click File, Checkpoints, Restore/Delete Checkpoint. Choose the first checkpoint with Type "last good" and then click "Restore the selected checkpoint." See if that fixes the problem.

If that does not fix the problem, close BW. Then before you restart it, first press and hold the Shift key down while you restart BW. A new window, "BibleWorks Trouble-Shooting Options" will open. Choose Option 1, "Delete the BW1000.INI file." Then click on "Perform the selected options and run BibleWorks." WHEN YOU DO THAT YOU WILL LOOSE MOST OF YOUR BW SETTINGS. But that may be necessary to get BW to run correctly. If you know how to find the .ini file you could back it up in case the problem is not fixed. Then you could manually restore it. But then the problem will most likely still be there.