Thread: Analysis Window ‘Resources Summary’ Tab Defunct:

Default Analysis Window ‘Resources Summary’ Tab Defunct:

To whom it may concern:

I’m running BW 10 on a PC. Several days ago the ‘resources summary’ tab ceased to function properly. I’ve exited the programme and rebooted the computer several times over several days with the same result each time.

When BW10 loads, the Browse Window text from the previous session duly appears. So do the lexical, grammatical and other resources associated with the Analysis Window ‘Resources Summary’ tab. But as my mouse cursor moves across the Browse Window text, the ‘Resources Summary’ tab no longer updates. Advancing the passage with ‘page up/down’ or ‘control + up/down’ does nothing. Entering search perimeters, a new text or passage or into the Search Window produces the expected results in the Search and Browse Windows. However the ‘Resources Summary’ tab in the Analysis Window remains stuck on whatever text was last displayed in the Browse Window when BW10 last closed.

Other Analysis Window tabs – the Analysis tab, CNTTS Apparatus, Content tab, Forms tab, Words tab, etc. – all continue to function properly. But the Analysis window ‘Resources Summary’ refuses to update. I am able to scroll the ‘Resource Summary’ tab up and down. And selecting items will open a window displaying the selected resource. But presently, the only way I can access the Analysis Window Resource Summary for ANOTHER verse is to select the verse in question, close BW10, and then reopen the programme.

My work makes heavy use of this feature, so this creates a substantial handicap. I’ve considered doing a reinstall, but I’m not anxious to risk making matters worse. Any insight you could offer would be most appreciated.

Thank-you.

GDD

Quote Originally Posted by g david daley View Post
    But presently, the only way I can access the Analysis Window Resource Summary for ANOTHER verse is to select the verse in question, close BW10, and then reopen the programme.

My work makes heavy use of this feature, so this creates a substantial handicap. I’ve considered doing a reinstall, but I’m not anxious to risk making matters worse. Any insight you could offer would be most appreciated.

Thank-you.

GDD
    There is an alternate procedure to change the verse in the Resources window.
    Set the browse window to the new verse. Go to the main BW menu, click Resources, Resource Summary Window. A new floating Resurce Summary window opens to the new verse.
    A second way of doing the same thing when the Browse Window is active is to press and release the Alt key, r, and r, and it will open a new Resource Summary window to the active verse. Each cycle opens a new window.
    The number in the title bar of the window shows how many are open. It may be a good idea to close all of them once in a while.

See https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sh...7027#post37027

John
    Last edited by now john; 01-17-2019 at 11:23 PM. Reason: deleted most of the post as it was wrong

Perhaps I am misunderstanding, but when you mouse over the browse window, the Resource "Summary" tab is NOT supposed to change. The "Summary" tab contains all the available information for the current verse. The information in that tab changes only when you change verses in the browse window.
    You mention that you change the verse in the browse window, but the information in the Resource "Summary" tab does not change. On my computer I do not have that problem. E.g. my browse window was in John 2:11 and I clicked on the arrow to advance to Joh 2:12, and the Resources summary changed to Joh 2:12 as well. Then I typed Joh 2:15 on the Search Window command line, and John 2:15 displays in both the browse window and in the Resources "Summary" tab. So it works properly for me.
    What are you trying to do, which I did not do?
    Mark Eddy

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Eddy View Post
    What are you trying to do, which I did not do?
    Mark Eddy
    Hello Mark,

BW is displaying normal behavior on your computer. GDD's PC also behaved that way but does not now. One of mine does not either. When we use the browse window in single verse mode and change the browse window to a different verse (using any method) the Resources Summary window does not change to that verse. There is a work around that can be used to get a Resource Summary Window to display the verse but it involves changing the verse in the browse window and then opening a new Resourse Summary window by using the main BW menu, clicking on Resources, then clicking on Resource Summary Window. Then a new floating Resourse Summary window opens to the updated verse but the Resource summary window that is part of the Analysis Window does not update. If the verse is changed again in the Browse Window, none of the open Resource Summary windows update to that verse, but again opening a new floating Resource Summary Window displays the new verse.

John

G David Daley --

My guess is that either a flag or two in your configuration got flipped, or your configuration got corrupted.

Check Main Menu / Tools / Options / General / Flags / Browse Window Configuration Options
    Make sure that "Automatically update last active Resource Window" and "Update Resource Window on Verse Change" are checked. (When I unchecked the first one, I got the same situation you report).

If that doesn't help, and you have "Save checkpoint on exit" in effect (under "Shutdown Options") you can try restoring your previous user environment.
    Close BW. Hold down shift key while opening BW. You should get a "BibleWorks Trouble-Shooting Options" window.
    Select, under Option 3, "Restore previous version (restore checkpoint)".
    Under "What to restore"
    Make sure that "Executable" in not checked! (If checked it would restore and older version of the program.)
    Check Initialization file (This restores the main ini file with most of your preferences)
    Check Context file (This restores the (usually 12) tabs above your command line)
    Initialization and Context should be restored together, because they are closely related.

If all else fails,
    Close BW. Hold down shift key while opening BW. You should get a "BibleWorks Trouble-Shooting Options" window.
    Under Option 1 check "Delete the BW1000.INI file." This will delete all your preferences, restoring the default settings, so it is the action of last resort.
    Or, using something like Windows Explorer, go to the BibleWorks 10 directory. BW1000.INI is in the BibleWorks 10 main folder. Back it up under another name, and delete it directly. Restart BW10 and all default setting will be in effect.

I hope this helps.
    --Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wert View Post
    G David Daley --

My guess is that either a flag or two in your configuration got flipped, or your configuration got corrupted.... I hope this helps.
    --Jim
    Somehow one of the two settings you mentioned was not checked. I should have known to check the flags first.

Thank you for the correct answer.

John

Was having the same problem, thank you!

Default Summary Window Funcitonality Restored!

Dear John and Jim:

I went to the 'Browse Window Configuration Options' and found the 'Update Resource Window on Verse Change' checked as you recommended. However the 'Automatically update last active Resource Window' was UNchecked.

I 're-checked' that option and the Analysis Window Resource 'Summary' was back! That took all of 30 seconds. The programme was functioning normally for the settings. Thank you so much for this. I'm a happy camper. Blessings!

G. David Daley