Thread: BW10 suddenly crashed?

Default BW10 suddenly crashed?

Hello all,

I tried to open BW today, and the BW small window starts up, say as usual "rebuilding version ..." etc. This continues for about 30-45 sec, and then the BW starting window suddenly disappears again, then nothing happens after that? = BW not working.

See the crash report below.

I have done the repair and reinstall option already a few times, still not working.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks.
    S.

Please submit this file with any crash reports that you send to BibleWorks support.

Fault Module Name = BW1000.exe
    Exception Offset = 005b4288
    Exception Code = c0000417
    Subroutine Address = 0001:005b3276
    Subroutine Name = __invoke_watson

ns. I can email the rest of the crash file, but too long to post here?

Quote Originally Posted by Slabbert View Post
    Hello all,

I tried to open BW today, and the BW small window starts up, say as usual "rebuilding version ..." etc. This continues for about 30-45 sec, and then the BW starting window suddenly disappears again, then nothing happens after that? = BW not working.
    I just inspected a BW crash report that was in my BW folder. Probably only those who can see and understand the programming of BW will be able to use the report. BW support has closed.

This BW knowledgebase article may be helpful: https://kb.bibleworks.com/article/AA-02849

It tells you how to activate "Bibleworks Trouble-Shooting Options."

Options 3 "Restore previous version (restore checkpoint)" may allow you to keep many of your settings and restore the program.

Be aware that if you delete the BW ini file, your settings will be lost. But that may be necessary to get BW working again. Choose Option 1, Delete the BW1000.ini file.

I just noticed something that you wrote above: "rebuilding version." You mention it as usual, but I have only seen it rarely. Did you recently make some change that might necessitate version rebuilding like adding a user created database or compiling a user database? It may give some hint as to what is causing the crashing.

If you are forced to reinstall BW, make sure that you use the ISO downloaded from www.bibleworks.com.
    Last edited by now john; 01-10-2019 at 08:36 PM.

If you are using a Mac and the 64bit Beta installer, if you change font size, the program will crash and will require deleting the .ini file to get it working again.

I work with Windows 10

"If you are forced to reinstall BW, make sure that you use the ISO downloaded from www.bibleworks.com.[/QUOTE]"

Thank you for the suggestions.

I have tried all the different steps you suggested, finally downloading the big 22gig file, re/installing BW10, and unfortunately nothing worked.

Same problem, BW starts running, doing the 'loading data version' window for a few seconds, then disappears again, nothing happens.

Any other suggestions from anyone?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Slabbert View Post
    Any other suggestions from anyone?
    I just sent you a private message.