Thread: Activation Again

Unhappy Activation Again

I have the BW 6,7,8,9 and 10 versions. Eventually this computer will die one day. I have yet to put BW 10 on my laptop and get it to activate. I have looked here but have not found info.

How can i get future activations should i need them? I understand that the company no longer does BW but i think they owe the customers the ability to activate the software we puts lots of money out for.

Can someone help me please or point where to read about what to do?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by rbmilford View Post
    I have the BW 6,7,8,9 and 10 versions. Eventually this computer will die one day. I have yet to put BW 10 on my laptop and get it to activate. I have looked here but have not found info.

How can i get future activations should i need them? I understand that the company no longer does BW but i think they owe the customers the ability to activate the software we puts lots of money out for.

Can someone help me please or point where to read about what to do?

Thank you
    Your question about previous versions is answered here: https://kb.bibleworks.com/article/AA-03061

For BW 10 download the ISO from here: https://www.bibleworks.com/#slide4

If you have a Mac, also download the appropriate installer.

Install BW 10 using the ISO.

Online activation still works for BW10 and previous versions. There have been posts from the owner of BW that if online activation becomes impossible, some other activation method will be implemented.
    Last edited by now john; 12-14-2018 at 11:43 AM.

Who do we contact when we can't activate BW10 online, John?

Quote Originally Posted by OsvaldoP View Post
    Who do we contact when we can't activate BW10 online, John?
    Only the forum is available now. Frequent reinstallation and activation of BW10 can cause a temporary activation failure. It is a piracy prevention mechanism. It has not been disclosed how long one must wait before activation can be completed successfully.

It seems that sometimes there can be an error in the installation process that makes activation fail. Correcting the error allows activation.

If activation fails, post back and give as many details about the installation process as you can, including system type (either Windows or Mac) and any error messages that appear (screenshots can be helpful).

It is recommended to disable antivirus and close all other programs.

Run BWCheckDisc.exe on the mounted ISO. It will check the integrity of the files in the installation folder.

If BW10 needs to be reinstalled, it is best to uninstall it and then reboot the computer before reinstallation is attempted. Make sure to back up any user created files before BW is uninstalled.
    Last edited by now john; 12-19-2018 at 05:29 PM.

Thanks for info, and Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorstip View Post
    Thanks for info, and Merry Christmas!
    You are welcome.

blessings,

John