Thread: Mac installer missing

Default Mac installer missing

Hi all,
    It seems like the mac installer is missing on google drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Flg...CO7lbP0bH/view.
    Is this temporary or how do I reinstall BW on a mac? I have the BW10 flash drive as well - is it on there?

I am thinking on trying out the x64, does it not function alright?

Morten

Quote Originally Posted by MortenJensen View Post
    Hi all,
    It seems like the mac installer is missing on google drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Flg...CO7lbP0bH/view.
    Is this temporary or how do I reinstall BW on a mac? I have the BW10 flash drive as well - is it on there?

I am thinking on trying out the x64, does it not function alright?

Morten
    I just tested that link. It worked for me. But looking at the link again it may be that you tried to view the file rather than to download it.
    To reinstall BW10 on a Mac see https://kb.bibleworks.com/article/AA...-Computer.html

Since BW has closed the ISO listed on the BW home page must be used for all new installs of BW10.

Mac for x64 is only in Beta and has known issues but many are using it. The link you entered above is only for older Macs.

There is another link on the BW home page for x64

Thank you very much, John!!

I am going to install it on new mac retina running Majove. What would be your suggestion? Using the x64 or the old one? Until now, I have mainly used the windows version of BW in Fusion - but I am planning to close down Fusion and for this reason need to rely on a mac version of BW.

Is it the general feeling that there are too many bugs in the beta x64?

Or asked otherwise: does the old version run smoothly on the newest mac setup?

Morten

Quote Originally Posted by MortenJensen View Post
    Thank you very much, John!!

I am going to install it on new mac retina running Majove. What would be your suggestion? Using the x64 or the old one? Until now, I have mainly used the windows version of BW in Fusion - but I am planning to close down Fusion and for this reason need to rely on a mac version of BW.

Is it the general feeling that there are too many bugs in the beta x64?

Or asked otherwise: does the old version run smoothly on the newest mac setup?

Morten
    This is from https://www.bibleworks.com/ I think that it answers your questions.

Mac/PC Support

Can I continue to use BibleWorks on a PC?

If you have a valid license for BibleWorks 10 you can continue to use the program as usual. We will, Lord willing, continue to provide compatibility fixes for BibleWorks 10 well into the future. This will ensure that you can continue to use the program for the long term. Compatibility updates will be provided through the normal updater mechanism within the program.
    What about the Mac version of the program?

BibleWorks updates for the PC will also work on the Mac platform. We will do our best to insure compatibility of BibleWorks 10 with future Mac OS changes but the situation is more complex than with the PC platform. The coming macOS versions require 64-bit programs. BibleWorks is in good shape for this, and we will soon release a full x64 Mac Installer dmg. [A beta version has been released.] We will also be working with CodeWeavers to explore options for them to continue compatibility support for the BibleWorks Mac Installer. Finally, in any case, Mac users will likely be able to fall back to using a virtual machine (like Virtual Box, Fusion, or Parallels).

Thanks again,

I guess there is no word on yet, when the final x64 will be released?

In any case, I am grateful that Mike keep BW afloat and even is working on an upgrade to the Mac-version!

Morten