Thread: lexicon for ONLY a single Greek word vs. the entire verse in analysis window

Default lexicon for ONLY a single Greek word vs. the entire verse in analysis window

Greetings,

I upgraded earlier this year to BW 10 and am thankful for it. I am watching the tutorial videos to learn how best to use the updated program.

When looking the Greek text in the Browse window, I am unable to figure out how to just see the lexicon for a particular word rather than all the words in the entire verse in the Analysis window. I realize that this is probably simple, but I have yet to figure it out and it is basic for my usage.

Thank you!

Tom T.
    Calvary OPC

Quote Originally Posted by PastorTom View Post
    Greetings,

I upgraded earlier this year to BW 10 and am thankful for it. I am watching the tutorial videos to learn how best to use the updated program.

When looking the Greek text in the Browse window, I am unable to figure out how to just see the lexicon for a particular word rather than all the words in the entire verse in the Analysis window. I realize that this is probably simple, but I have yet to figure it out and it is basic for my usage.

Thank you!

Tom T.
    Calvary OPC
    If you move the mouse to the Analysis Window and strike the F1 key you will get the help page: "14 Analysis Window - The Word Analysis Tab"

Perhaps your question relates to this paragraph on that page:
    Freezing the Word Analysis Window

If you hold down the Shift key as you move the mouse cursor the content of the Word Analysis Window will not change with mouse movements. This allows you to freeze the contents of the window while you move the mouse cursor to the Word Analysis Window to use the scroll bar or to select text for copying.

I also right click on the Word Analysis Window and then select "Update Only When Shift Key Depressed." You could try both and see what you prefer.

If this does not address the problem, please post back and attach a screenshot that shows an 'entire verse in the Analysis window.'

Using the F1 key in any BW window usually opens the help file to specific help for that window. Also right clicking also is often helpful.

Thank you.

It looks as though I was simply looking at the Resources tab instead of the Analysis tab. The Analysis tab seems to do the trick.

Thanks again!

Tom

Greetings,

When looking the Greek text in the Browse window, I am unable to figure out how to just see the lexicon for a particular word rather than all the words to
    write my essay in the entire verse in the Analysis window. I realize that this is probably simple, but I have yet to figure it out and it is basic for my usage.

Thank you!

Tom T.
    Calvary OPC

Hello Tom,

Does The Editor Tab have a function to show the preview mode of a full text in different formats? Also - seems that the text zoom is not working.

Thanks,
    Terry

Quote Originally Posted by TerryLewiss View Post
    Hello Tom,

Does The Editor Tab have a function to show the preview mode of a full text in different formats? Also - seems that the text zoom is not working.

Thanks,
    Terry
    Not sure what you mean. Perhaps a screenshot would help.

The Editor Tab is used to create notes so I'm not sure what "the preview mode of a full text" would mean in that tab.

At first I thought you were attempting to view manuscripts in the Mss tab of the Analysis window. That tab is working well on my installation.

Please include the version number of BW you are running. The current version is 10.0.8.667.

What is the OS?
    Last edited by now john; 12-12-2018 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by now john View Post
    Please include the version number of BW you are running. The current version is 10.0.9.667.
    Is this a typo? I thought it is 10.0.8.667.

--Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wert View Post
    Is this a typo? I thought it is 10.0.8.667.

--Jim
    You are correct. It is a typo. It should have been 10.0.8.667. Thank you for the correction.
    Last edited by now john; 12-12-2018 at 04:00 PM. Reason: fixed another typo