Thread: Lost activation code - is there any hope?

Default Lost activation code - is there any hope?

I was using BW10 quite happily, but then I bought a new computer and tried to install BW 10 from the flash drive I had been sent (upgrade from BW8) but I fear I have lost my BW10 activation code. I have an UP code, and a BW80 code, but I presume I should have a BW10 code, or something like that, which I don't appear to have. Usually I'm fastidious with codes and passwords, but I seem to have lost this.
    I have also ditched my BW8 discs, so can't even go back to that.
    Is there any hope for me??

Fergus Pearson

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus Pearson View Post
    I was using BW10 quite happily, but then I bought a new computer and tried to install BW 10 from the flash drive I had been sent (upgrade from BW8) but I fear I have lost my BW10 activation code. I have an UP code, and a BW80 code, but I presume I should have a BW10 code, or something like that, which I don't appear to have. Usually I'm fastidious with codes and passwords, but I seem to have lost this.
    I have also ditched my BW8 discs, so can't even go back to that.
    Is there any hope for me??

Fergus Pearson
    Installation on Windows or something else?

Do you still have a computer with BW10 running on it? If so, in the main BW menu click on File, Activate Database, Options, and choose "Save activation codes to backup file". This action will allow you to save a file named BW10Serials.txt. Be sure to notice where the file is saved. Open that file and it will contain the activation codes.

If you have a computer that had BW10 running on it the activation code can be recovered from the Windows Registry.

Do you have a drive from a computer that had BW10 on it? This is more difficult but possible.

If worse comes to worse, it may be possible to obtain installation media for BW8 and use your activation code to run that version.

Post back if you need more help.

If you do find the code, all new installations of BW10 that are done after BW closed should be done by downloading the ISO (NOT from a thumb drive with files on it sent before BW closed).

Link: https://www.bibleworks.com/#slide4
    Last edited by now john; 11-14-2018 at 05:19 PM.

Default Hope restored!

Thanks for your advice and quick response - thankfully none of it is needed - except for the idea of downloading the iso file. I had emailed the BW service email address and received an automatic reply which made me presume they couldn't deal with individual enquires like that. But then after I'd posted my request here I got a later reply which sent me my lost activation code! I was so pleased as I'd feared I'd lost every vestige of BW I'd had over many years - I had no back up, had no remains of any of it on any computer - just the bw10 flash drive.

BW has been a brilliant resource that I hope to keep using the rest of my life; their care for their customers - even though they have gone out of production - is proving exemplary now.

Fergus

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus Pearson View Post
    BW has been a brilliant resource that I hope to keep using the rest of my life; their care for their customers - even though they have gone out of production - is proving exemplary now.

Fergus
    Amen

I am glad that you have the use of the program again.

Default Activation Code!

Could anybody please let me borrow an activation code since the program it's no longer available for sale,,,I would really appreciate a lot!!...Please send it via private message....God bless you.

Default borrowed code

Quote Originally Posted by gsnheone View Post
    Could anybody please let me borrow an activation code since the program it's no longer available for sale,,,I would really appreciate a lot!!...Please send it via private message....God bless you.
    The program is not for sale but there is a great deal of copyrighted material in the program. Sharing of the activation codes is not permitted. It is actually illegal. Please do not share your codes.
    Mike