Thread: BW 10 on Win 10

Default BW 10 on Win 10

I have newly acquired a Win 10 laptop. I have loaded and reloaded BW10 and I repeatedly get a screen that says update ‘these’ files. There is no option. I cannot not update. So, dutifully, I update only to find it doesn’t work. I reboot Windows and still cannot open BW. I removed and reinstalled BW to no avail.

What must I do, please help!

Thank you!

Praise Jesus!

greg

Quote Originally Posted by Exagoradzo View Post
    I have newly acquired a Win 10 laptop. I have loaded and reloaded BW10 and I repeatedly get a screen that says update ‘these’ files. There is no option. I cannot not update. So, dutifully, I update only to find it doesn’t work. I reboot Windows and still cannot open BW. I removed and reinstalled BW to no avail.

What must I do, please help!

Thank you!

Praise Jesus!

greg
    Did you use the ISO found at this address: https://www.bibleworks.com/#slide4

All new installations of BW after the business closed require the ISO to be used.

If you did use the ISO, please post a screenshot containing the error message screen.

Default This is what keeps coming up

Name:  BW Errors.PNG
Views: 68
Size:  178.8 KB

I dowloaded the files. They appear to be the same as my thumb drive I purchased during the fire sale as the business was closing...

Thanks for your help.
    Greg

I dowloaded the files. They appear to be the same as my thumb drive I purchased during the fire sale as the business was closing...

Thanks for your help.
    Greg
    It appears that your current installation is defective. Did you use the ISO to make the installation? The thumb drive may appear to be the same but it is different.
    Last edited by now john; 11-14-2018 at 01:26 PM.

This link explains why the image is displayed: https://kb.bibleworks.com/index.php?/article/AA-02994

If you are seeing this error message, something is wrong with the installation. So the next question is did you use the ISO to make the installation? What to do next depends on the answer to that question.

Default Thank You

Thanks to your instructions and my 17 year old it is fixed.

Thank you!

Greg

Thanks to your instructions and my 17 year old it is fixed.

Thank you!

Greg
    Glad to here it. Care to share briefly what you did differently for the benefit of someone else who may encounter the same problem?