Thread: BibleWorks 6 unlock code

Default BibleWorks 6 unlock code

BibleWorks CD version: 6 0 1
    Program version: 6.0.005y

My pastor has a new computer and I am trying to get his BW V6 transferred to the new one. I have the serial Numbers, but can't find the unlock code. Are we out of luck here?

What are people using in place of BWs?

Quote Originally Posted by DSchoolman View Post
    I am trying to get his BW V6 transferred to the new one. I have the serial Numbers, but can't find the unlock code. Are we out of luck here?
    If the old computer is still working, I suggest that you keep it working in case you cannot get BW6 to work on the new computer. At least that way he could have a working copy of BW6.

BW10 has the ability to display the codes that it contains. I don't remember if BW6 can do that. Is BW6 still working on the old computer?

Activation codes for BW6 begin like this: BW60-. What follows the "-" is a string of numbers. My code for BW5 contained 7 numbers, BW6 and BW7 contained 8 numbers. BW8, 9, and 10 have a more complicated format.

If the serial number you have looks like BW60-* where * is a number that is 7 or 8 characters long and may begin with a 0, try that. If it just a number that is 7 or 8 characters long, I would try BW60- followed by that number.

Do not post BW activation codes on line!

Let us know if the old installation of BW6 is still working. It may give clues to how to solve your problem.

If the serial number doesn't work, a screenshot that shows the failure (but not the serial number) might be helpful.
    Last edited by now john; 10-31-2018 at 03:15 PM.

Since the company closed down there is no computer to verify codes for BibleWorks 5-9 (or earlier). So new installations of those versions will not be able to be registered. But when I bought a new computer a few years ago, the computer guy simply transferred all my programs (including BibleWorks 8 at the time and MSOffice 2003) to my new (present) computer, without having to re-install the software. That would be your best option now.
    Mark Eddy

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Eddy View Post
    Since the company closed down there is no computer to verify codes for BibleWorks 5-9 (or earlier). So new installations of those versions will not be able to be registered. But when I bought a new computer a few years ago, the computer guy simply transferred all my programs (including BibleWorks 8 at the time and MSOffice 2003) to my new (present) computer, without having to re-install the software. That would be your best option now.
    Mark Eddy
    According to this Knowledgebase article: https://kb.bibleworks.com/article/AA-03061 Activation and Installation of BibleWorks Versions Before Version 10 Will Be Possible After June 15, 2018

See this post for some additional details. https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sh...6612#post36612

The simplest option for reinstalling older versions of BW would be to use the original installation media as outlined in the above knowledgebase article.