Thread: Adding LSJ Lexicon to Analysis tab

Default Adding LSJ Lexicon to Analysis tab

Hello
    Following a major computer crash last week, my C:/ drive was reformatted by an I.T. person and I lost all settings for everything (it wasn't accessible, anyway). I am now going through the time-consuming process of re-installing and re-configuring everything, including BW10.

Here is my request for help: I previously had the Liddell-Scott-Jones Greek lexicon under Friberg, Gingrich and Danker under the Analysis tab in the Analysis Window. It is still there in the program, but I can't remember or work out how to add it here, and all Google searches have so far proved fruitless.

If anyone could remind me how to do this, I would be most grateful. (I have found one answer on-line, but the steps do not correspond to the version of BW10 that I have, which was reinstalled from the 22GB ISO image downloaded in July.)

Many thanks!

Trevor

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I previously had the Liddell-Scott-Jones Greek lexicon under Friberg, Gingrich and Danker under the Analysis tab in the Analysis Window.Trevor
    In BibleWorks open the Analysis Window. Activate the Analysis tab. Right click in the window (not on the tab). Select "Default Analysis Window Greek Lexicons."

You should see a list of the installed Greek Lexicons. Double click on an item to toggle if it is active or not. Single click on Up or Down to change the sorting order of the selected lexicon.

Default If I may add ...

BW is quite good at giving specific help.
    For example, with the Analysis tab active in the Analysis Window, if you put your cursor in that window and use F1, it will bring up BW help chapter 14: "Analysis Window - The Word Analysis Tab", where the information John gave appears, as well as a bunch of other stuff about how to customize and use this tab.

There are some cases where F1 will just take you to a generic help page, but most often it will take you to information specific to the area of the screen where your cursor is.

I've developed the habit of, whenever I'm trying to remember how to do something, I first right-click in the area I'm dealing with to see if there is a context menu that will help, and if that doesn't help, use F1 with the cursor in that same area.

To me, one of the really impressive things about BW is the way it uses right-clicks (context menus) and F1 to make my life easier.

--Jim

Default Thank you

John and Jim

Thank you so much for the answer, and for providing it so quickly!

The key phrase in John's answer, which was missing in the answer that I found on-line, was "not on the tab". Like most things with programs, performing an action is usually easy, if one knows the required steps (which is the hard part!).

Jim's general tips on using BW10 are also much appreciated.

Thank you!

Trevor