Thread: A T Rolbertson Word Pictures

Default A T Rolbertson Word Pictures

When I recently picked up version 10, I used the "Upgrade" option, as BW said that would allow me to keep features in my previous version (version 5). That was important to me, as I can't find my original version 5 install disc. However, I cannot find any reference to Robertson's word pictures in the new version. If it is still there somewhere, I would like to be able to make use of it. Any ideas on how to find it, or if it was retained or tossed? I am now wishing I had separated the new version and kept the old one, but I don't know if that would have worked. In any case, it is too late now.

Ralph

Default Rwp

Quote Originally Posted by hdshepherd View Post
    When I recently picked up version 10, I used the "Upgrade" option, as BW said that would allow me to keep features in my previous version (version 5). That was important to me, as I can't find my original version 5 install disc. However, I cannot find any reference to Robertson's word pictures in the new version. If it is still there somewhere, I would like to be able to make use of it. Any ideas on how to find it, or if it was retained or tossed? I am now wishing I had separated the new version and kept the old one, but I don't know if that would have worked. In any case, it is too late now.

Ralph
    It was removed entirely from all BW distribution, even BW10 upgrades, because of copyright complaints by the publisher. The publisher claimed copyright to a couple of the volumes so we never really had the right to distribute it. We thought ot was PD. But not according to the publisher. At least this is my recollection.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    It was removed entirely from all BW distribution, even BW10 upgrades, because of copyright complaints by the publisher. The publisher claimed copyright to a couple of the volumes so we never really had the right to distribute it. We thought ot was PD. But not according to the publisher. At least this is my recollection.

Mike
    Evidently the publisher has no problem with Internet Archive having a clean copy of Word Pictures . It is freely downloadable as a set of PDF files: https://archive.org/details/WordPict...ertson/page/n0

Information on this page indicates the first four volumes have been in the public domain for some time. The copyright to the fifth volumes expired in 2006 and the sixth in 2007.

That could explain why the work was removed from BW in 2006 or earlier as the last two volumes were still copyrighted then.

This page also discusses the issue. https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/ar...hp/t-3017.html
    Last edited by now john; 10-24-2018 at 02:18 PM.