Thread: Results Window

Default Results Window

I used BW 5 for years and was quite happy with it, but when version 10 went on sale, I bought it. Now I am stuck with it, as I can't find my BW 5 install disc. Anyway, in 5 there were two arrows (right and left) which could be used to bring up previously displayed results windows. I can't figure out how to do it with BW 10. I sure hope this is possible, since I used this feature a lot. I know how to bring up previous search window info, but not the results window.

Ralph

At the far top right of the Search window, just to the left of the Results window heading is a little button with an
    arrow pointing left. That opens the "Verse history list." The top verse on the list is the present verse. Under that are your last 100 verses in the browse window, the most recently used is highest on the list. Click on the verse you want. The programmer changed it to a whole list instead of just going back verse by verse, because the old way (e.g. in BW5) was blind. You could not see what verse was just before the one in your browse window. Now you can see the whole list. If you want to go back only one verse, it takes an extra click. But if you want to go back multiple verses, it saves a lot of clicks. I hope this helps.
    Mark Eddy

Default Results Window

Thanks, Mark, I guess that will have to do. I used 5 for so many years I got used to the methodology it used for this. I will no doubt get used to the new method and appreciate its advantages. I am an old man and set in my ways, but not totally immune to learning "new tricks." I do see the advantage, but the old method didn't require remembering what the previous passage was; you just clicked the arrow. With 10, I guess you don't really have to remember it either; just click on the first entry. Just two clicks instead of one.

Ralph

Quote Originally Posted by hdshepherd View Post
    in 5 there were two arrows (right and left) which could be used to bring up previously displayed results windows.Ralph
    Since the feature you describe is no longer available in BW 10 I offer another way to bring up previously displayed results windows (called Browse Windows in BW10).

Make sure that the Verse History icon is present in the main Toolbar. (If it isn't add it.) Then the first time that you use it move it, resize it, and select which previously displayed verse you want to view. After that only a single click is needed to select a verse. The list is updated for most searches but not all. But if you would use it often, you could learn when it is not updated and click the + button in the Version History Window to add a verse that was not automatically added. Of course you would want "Auto" to be checked.

You might also want to use the command line tabs to help make up for the missing arrows.
    Last edited by now john; 10-16-2018 at 05:49 PM. Reason: clarification