Thread: Why is BibleWorks shutting down?

Default Why is BibleWorks shutting down?

Does anyone know why BibleWorks does not continue to exist as a company, just selling there latest version with no support? There would be no overhead hardly at all. Either that or sell the company to someone who would do the same or extend development.

It just seems like such a sad waste. Heck, I would even buy the company and just offer what they have now.

It does not seem like they sold to accordance or Logos as I am not getting emails from them beckoning me to join them.

I am depressed. I lost my BibleWorks and got a new Mac. I donít know how to exist as a Christian without it!

Quote Originally Posted by cmichaelp View Post
    I lost my BibleWorks and got a new Mac.
    What do you mean by "I lost my BibleWorks"? Do you have your activation code for BW? Do you still have the hard drive from the computer that BW was installed on? Do you have any backup from the computer that was "lost"?

Quote Originally Posted by cmichaelp View Post
    I cannot PM.
    Are you sure? Try sending a PM to me.

Click the "My Profile" link at the top of the page when you are logged into the forum. On the left hand side of the page you will see your forum name "cmichaelp." Close below that is "Send Private Message." Click on it. Enter "now john" (without the quotation marks) into the "Recipient Users" box. Enter a title. Enter "This is a test." into the message box. Then click on "Submit Message" which is below the main message box. I will send you a PM in return. I will also post a reply to this post and let you know that I received a PM from you.

I also just sent you a PM to see if you can receive it. Let me know if you did.

You may want to check the box before "Request a read receipt for this message" if you would like to know if the message you sent was read.

Default Manuscripts

This is likely the wrong place to post this, but I see someone's online now so am hoping...

I own BW 10. I've run into a question about viewing the manuscripts (Washingtonius, Alexandirus). I don't know if BW never got those two inputted for us or if I merely need to enable them somewhere?

Glenn
    Glenn Lawson

Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah 14:3-5 View Post
    This is likely the wrong place to post this, but I see someone's online now so am hoping...

I own BW 10. I've run into a question about viewing the manuscripts (Washingtonius, Alexandirus). I don't know if BW never got those two inputted for us or if I merely need to enable them somewhere?

Glenn
    Hi Glenn,

They should be in there. Try looking at a few different passages, realizing that Washingtonensis only has the Gospels (with some lacunae), and that Alexandrinus is missing the first 24 chapters of Matthew (up to 25:6). Hope that solves your problems!

Don Cobb
    Aix-En-Provence, France

Default Manuscripts

Thanks, Don, but no go.

I should say that I have Vaticanus and Sinaiticus working.

That being said, Washingtonianus--which I understand contains only the Gospels--has no content or message in the corresponding area of the Analysis Window, merely an off-white image.

Bezae--which I understand contains only the Gospels and Acts--has no message or content in the corresponding area of the Analysis Window, merely an off-white image.

Alexandrinus (m-02)--which I understand contains most of the N.T.--has a message appear in the corresponding area of the Analysis Window: "No image found for this verse. m-02 does not contain Phi 1:14." I get that message in all the N.T. books I checked.

Tried these three with English>KJV selected in the Browse Window. (Selected version shouldn't make any differenace, should it?) I'm wondering if I just need to get out my thumb drive and Add/Install some manuscript stuff?
    Last edited by Isaiah 14:3-5; 10-15-2018 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Clarity
    Glenn Lawson

To see if Washingtonianus is installed you could look in the BibleWorks 10 databases folder for m-032. I have 10 files in that folder that begin with m-032. It may be that it wasn't installed.
    In that folder you should also see a collection of files beginning with m-03(followed by a letter). They are the files for Vaticanus which is working for you.

Default Manuscripts

Mr. now john, t-h-a-n-k y-o-u!

Bibleworks 10>databases>

I have 60 m-03 files.

However, the following are my only m-32 files:

m-32a.vmf
    m-32a-m.vmf
    m-32b.vma
    m-32b-m.vmf

I'm not so good with computers, but assume this is proof the Washingtonius manuscript is not yet installed from my copy of BW 10?
    Glenn Lawson

I just need to get out my thumb drive and Add/Install some manuscript stuff?
    I assume this is proof the Washingtonius manuscript is not yet installed from my copy of BW 10?
    I agree with your assumption. Hopefully with your thumb drive you can install the manuscripts. But one of the things that forums like this prove is that computers don't always behave as we expect.
    Last edited by now john; 10-15-2018 at 08:30 PM.