Thread: Re-boot

Default Re-boot

Shalom! My BW program quit on me for some reason a few weeks ago. I would double click on the icon and it would not load. Sometimes it would give me an error message of some sort. I googled the issue and tried a few different fixes. I even tried deleting and downloading again. Finally, I reset my computer and then downloaded and it worked but only under a seemingly 14 day trial period. So it is working, for now. Does anyone have any information on this problem that may help me in the future id it happens again? Thanks.

Curtis

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    Shalom! My BW program quit on me for some reason a few weeks ago. I would double click on the icon and it would not load. Sometimes it would give me an error message of some sort. I googled the issue and tried a few different fixes. I even tried deleting and downloading again. Finally, I reset my computer and then downloaded and it worked but only under a seemingly 14 day trial period. So it is working, for now. Does anyone have any information on this problem that may help me in the future id it happens again? Thanks.Curtis
    Some questions. Please copy these questions into your answer and place the answer in the blank line below the question.

Windows or Mac?

Does "reset my computer" mean a complete reinstallation, restoring a previously made image, or something else? If something else, describe the procedure.

Did you download the ISO to your computer or to an external drive?

Did you mount the ISO so that it appeared as a separate drive (usually D: or E?

Did you run the installation from setup.exe on that drive?

Did you enter your activation code for BW10 during the installation?

Did it appear to accept the activation code?

I know of one case recently where the program was installed with a trial period. I cannot remember the details now but it was corrected with a reinstallation. I do not have time now to check how it was fixed but could check later if needed.
    I think that the ISO was not mounted properly. The fix was to use 7-zip and extract the ISO to a folder on an internal drive or an external drive and run the installation from it. After extracting the ISO to a folder use BWCheckDisc.exe to check all of the files. If they are OK the installation should work.
    Last edited by now john; 10-11-2018 at 02:13 PM.

Reset my computer means that I went to the original settings when I bought the computer, I took everything out and began again. Windows 10. I did nothing with an ISO. I set up from setup.exe. I did use my activation code and it did appear to accept it. Thank you for your reply John.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    Reset my computer means that I went to the original settings when I bought the computer, I took everything out and began again. Windows 10. I did nothing with an ISO. I set up from setup.exe. I did use my activation code and it did appear to accept it. Thank you for your reply John.
    Please see the following two pages:

https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sh...6198#post36198
    This is a key sentence from that post: If you do a BW10 reinstall after July 24, 2018 you should do it from the ISO, not old media.

https://www.bibleworks.com/#slide4
    To download the ISO.

It think that if you uninstall BibleWorks and then use the ISO, that you will have removed the limited trial version and have a normally activated version of BW.
    Last edited by now john; 10-12-2018 at 09:26 AM.