Thread: Search version with Scandinavian letters

Default Search version with Scandinavian letters

Hello everyone,

I have been a BW User for many, many years, and I'm very happy with BW.

After having installed BW10 I have some problems with te search version, especially with words (in Swedish) containing ö, ä or å.
    So for instance, the program tells me that a certain word cannot be found in the current version.
    Does anyone have any piece of good advice??

I am a Mac Book Pro user.

thanks and blessings,

Henca

Quote Originally Posted by Henca View Post
    I have some problems with the search version, especially with words (in Swedish) containing ö, ä or å.
    So for instance, the program tells me that a certain word cannot be found in the current version.
    If you are searching for berättelsen, are you entering ä or a? Searching for berattelsen gives the error you describe, searching for berättelsen completes normally.
    If you click Tools, Interface/Settings, BibleWorks Keyboard, then the BibleWorks CommandLine Keyboard will appear.
    Then click Language, Swedish (or any other keyboard for characters for that language including Greek and Hebrew) and you will find the three characters you mentioned. Click on one to enter in into the command line. If different characters are needed, click Options, Keymaps, and see if you can find what you need.

An alternate procedure is to open NotePad (or any text editor) and copy the individual characters you need into it and then copy and paste them into the command line when you need them.

If you find the word you want to search for in the Browse Window, you can double click it and it will be entered into the command line and the search will be run.

Immediately below the command line there are 6 green rectangles in a row. Double clicking on the rectangles will toggle a set of symbols that may also be helpful.
    Last edited by now john; 10-08-2018 at 12:50 PM.

Hello Henca,

I sent you a pm.

John