Thread: Add On Licenses

Default Add On Licenses

I own version 9 and 10 for MS Windows. I was wondering if there is a specific key or series of keys to allow access to everything within these programs. I am a minister and since this software has been discontinued I would like to explore everything the V9 or 10 offers. I have valid licenses for both versions.

Thank you and may the Lord Bless You!

Quote Originally Posted by botics View Post
    I own version 9 and 10 for MS Windows. I was wondering if there is a specific key or series of keys to allow access to everything within these programs. I am a minister and since this software has been discontinued I would like to explore everything the V9 or 10 offers. I have valid licenses for both versions.

Since BW has closed there is nothing available from it. You could post your interest in this thread: Buy/Sell BibleWorks licensed copies
    https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sh...icensed-copies
    Some modules have been listed for sale there.
    This source has many free BW modules.

Default Add on licenses

Quote Originally Posted by botics View Post

Although the program is no longer sold, users are still legally bound by the copyright restrictions stated in the program literature. Users license the included databases from the respective copyright owners, not from BibleWorks. Distributing of purchased keys is a violation of copyright law.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    Although the program is no longer sold, users are still legally bound by the copyright restrictions stated in the program literature. Users license the included databases from the respective copyright owners, not from BibleWorks. Distributing of purchased keys is a violation of copyright law.

Mike
    I hope you can clarify. It is certainly a violation of copyright law to distribute activation codes (keys) for the program or any of the add on modules beyond the number of copies of that license that a person owns.

The thread "Buy/Sell BibleWorks licensed copies" was setup to facilitate the legal exchange of licensed copies of the program. That transfer includes the seller removing the transferred program from his possession. Module activation codes have also been transfered along with program activation codes and as separate items. That is also legal when the seller removes those codes from his possession and no longer uses them himself and does not further distribute them.

What would be illegal would be to sell any activation code for one licensed copy more than once. It would also be illegal to sell it and to continue to use it.

I just found this in the knowledgebase that seems to say what I have said above. How Do I Sell or Give My Program or Add-on Modules To Someone Else?
    https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sh...dd-On-Licenses

Occasionally some have found that, after acquiring BibleWorks or an add-on module, it did not turn out to be as needed as was originally thought. Rather than let it sit unused on the computer, some have inquired whether a license for the program or module could be sold to another who could make use of the resource. This is certainly an acceptable practice and can be conducted as one would if selling or giving the BibleWorks program itself to another person. Of course, the seller of a BibleWorks license is honor-bound to remove the resource from the computer to which it had originally been installed.

Transfer of a license for BibleWorks or an add-on module is accomplished by the seller's uninstalling the program or modules using the instructions here and here.
    -- The main files will be found in the DATABASES folder under BibleWorks x. There will also be a "filename.reg" file that contains the unlock information. Both sets of files should be removed from the computer.
    -- There are two places where files are stored for modules. All files for any given module will have the same filename. Only the file extension will differ.

The seller then provides his/her BibleWorks serial number/activation code to the buyer. If the program is contained on media, the seller also transfers the media to the buyer. If the program has been downloaded, the seller must provide the buyer a backup ISO file to allow installation.

Please correct me if I am wrong. It would also be helpful to confirm what I have written if it is correct. I think that is very important for most of us here to obey the law.
    Last edited by now john; 10-01-2018 at 07:41 PM.

Default Selling of BibleWorks

Quote Originally Posted by now john View Post
    I hope you can clarify. It is certainly a violation of copyright law to distribute activation codes (keys) for the program or any of the add on modules beyond the number of copies of that license that a person owns.

The thread "Buy/Sell BibleWorks licensed copies" was setup to facilitate the legal exchange of licensed copies of the program. That transfer includes the seller removing the transferred program from his possession. Module activation codes have also been transfered along with program activation codes and as separate items. That is also legal when the seller removes those codes from his possession and no longer uses them himself and does not further distribute them.

What would be illegal would be to sell any activation code for one licensed copy more than once. It would also be illegal to sell it and to continue to use it.

I just found this in the knowledgebase that seems to say what I have said above. How Do I Sell or Give My Program or Add-on Modules To Someone Else?
    https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sh...dd-On-Licenses

Occasionally some have found that, after acquiring BibleWorks or an add-on module, it did not turn out to be as needed as was originally thought. Rather than let it sit unused on the computer, some have inquired whether a license for the program or module could be sold to another who could make use of the resource. This is certainly an acceptable practice and can be conducted as one would if selling or giving the BibleWorks program itself to another person. Of course, the seller of a BibleWorks license is honor-bound to remove the resource from the computer to which it had originally been installed.

Transfer of a license for BibleWorks or an add-on module is accomplished by the seller's uninstalling the program or modules using the instructions here and here.
    -- The main files will be found in the DATABASES folder under BibleWorks x. There will also be a "filename.reg" file that contains the unlock information. Both sets of files should be removed from the computer.
    -- There are two places where files are stored for modules. All files for any given module will have the same filename. Only the file extension will differ.

The seller then provides his/her BibleWorks serial number/activation code to the buyer. If the program is contained on media, the seller also transfers the media to the buyer. If the program has been downloaded, the seller must provide the buyer a backup ISO file to allow installation.

Please correct me if I am wrong. It would also be helpful to confirm what I have written if it is correct. I think that is very important for most of us here to obey the law.
    Yes, what you say is correct. The BibleWorks license can be transferred to another person. But using an activation code that someone posts as a hack on the internet would be illegal. We are trying to work out a way for people to buy activation codes from the copyright holder (with no proceeds to BibleWorks) but I don't have any news on that now.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    Yes, what you say is correct. The BibleWorks license can be transferred to another person. But using an activation code that someone posts as a hack on the internet would be illegal. We are trying to work out a way for people to buy activation codes from the copyright holder (with no proceeds to BibleWorks) but I don't have any news on that now.

Mike
    Thank you for the confirmation, and thank you for your continuing efforts to to make the program available even after BW has closed.