Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Increasing search range eliminates results

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4

    Default Increasing search range eliminates results

    I have a WTM query that works fine for the Book of Proverbs, but when I expand the search range to include other books as well as Proverbs, I get zero hits -- not even the ones in Proverbs. Any help? Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dukerk View Post
    I have a WTM query that works fine for the Book of Proverbs, but when I expand the search range to include other books as well as Proverbs, I get zero hits -- not even the ones in Proverbs. Any help? Thanks
    Would you supply a little more information, please?
    What is the query, is it entered on the command line, or a GSE query, or by left clicking in the Browse window, or ... ?
    also
    How did you apply the search limits, and what was the expanded search limit?

    Thanks, Jim

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wert View Post
    Would you supply a little more information, please?
    What is the query, is it entered on the command line, or a GSE query, or by left clicking in the Browse window, or ... ?
    also
    How did you apply the search limits, and what was the expanded search limit?

    Thanks, Jim
    Thanks, Jim. My bad. I was not letting the search finish. I was so accustomed to results being almost instantaneous, that when I read '0 hits' and did not see a progress bar, I thought the search was over. I was doing a complex search that apparently takes several minutes. I decided that it is actually quicker to run it book by book and see the results, than to run it through several books at once.
    Blessings,
    Rodney

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dukerk View Post
    Thanks, Jim. My bad. I was not letting the search finish. I was so accustomed to results being almost instantaneous, that when I read '0 hits' and did not see a progress bar, I thought the search was over. I was doing a complex search that apparently takes several minutes. I decided that it is actually quicker to run it book by book and see the results, than to run it through several books at once.
    Blessings,
    Rodney
    Some queries that run very slowly from the command line run very quickly with the GSE.
    If you were running the query from the command line, you might try:
    Key in the query on the command line, but do not hit enter.
    Under the command line click on "Tools", and select "Graphical Search Engine".
    BW will try to construct a GSE query that does the same thing as the command line query. (I have occasionally come up with really odd queries that didn't translate well)
    Click on the "go" button in the Query window to run it.
    --Jim

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •