Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Typo in WTT

Default Typo in WTT

I just found a typo in WTT Deu 7:8.

WTT Deuteronomy 7:8 כִּי֩ מֵֽאַהֲבַ֙ת יְהוָ֜ה אֶתְכֶ֗ם וּמִשָּׁמְר֤וּ אֶת־הַשְּׁבֻעָה֙ אֲשֶׁ֤ר נִשְׁבַּע֙ לַאֲבֹ֣תֵיכֶ֔ם הוֹצִ֧יא יְהוָ֛ה אֶתְכֶ֖ם בְּיָ֣ד חֲזָקָ֑ה וַֽיִּפְדְּךָ֙ מִבֵּ֣ית עֲבָדִ֔ים מִיַּ֖ד פַּרְעֹ֥ה מֶֽלֶךְ־מִצְרָֽיִם׃ (Deut. 7:8 WTT)

וּמִשָּׁמְר֤וּ should be מִשָּׁמְר֤וֹ.
    ?Now BW is closed. Will there be update for the typos
    Martin Zhang

Hi Martin,

I'm sorry, but there will not be any updates for typos. The best that you can do is to export the database, make the correction, and recompile the database. (I would use a new version name for the database.)

Blessings,
    Glenn
    Glenn Weaver

Thanks, Glenn.

Is there a tutorial for that?
    Also, will morphological coding (WTM), lexicans, and parsing information work for the user imported text?
    Martin Zhang

Hi Martin,

You will need to read Chapter 67 Compiling User Databases in the Help file for information about compiling your own version. You would need to select the WTM as the companion version to your file. The lexicons, etc. would work for your version. You will want to export the WTT in CCAT format, and recompile the text using the CCAT format. This info is discussed in the Help file.

You can export the database by using Tools | Importing/Exporting information | Export Database.

Blessings,
    Glenn
    Glenn Weaver

Thanks again, Glenn.
    That's very helpful!

One more question.
    I exported WTT to CCAT format.
    Deu 7:8 reads:
    Deu 7:8 K.IY04 M"75_)AH:ABA63T Y:HWF61H )ET/:KE81M W._MI_$.FM:R/70W. )ET-_HA_$.:BU(FH03 ):A$E70R NI$:B.A(03 LA_):ABO74T"Y/KE80M HOWCI94Y) Y:HWF91H )ET/:KE73M B.:_YF74D X:AZFQF92H WA75_Y.IP./:KF03 MI_B."74YT (:ABFDI80YM MI_Y.A73D P.ARO71H ME75LEK:-_MIC:RF75YIM
    Where can I find the table that shows which character represent which Hebrew letter?

The closest information I could find is the "The BibleWorks Hebrew Keyboard in More Detail (Bwhebb.ttf)" section in the Help File chapter 71. But it does not look right to me.
    Martin Zhang

Hi Martin,

Here is a link to the code table:

http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/beta/key.html

Blessings,
    Glenn
    Glenn Weaver

Thank you so much, Glenn.

But I'm stuck with a problem.

I corrected the text, and successfully complied the file. But copying the files into the database fold does not make it appear (in both PC and Mac).

on PC, if I choose to install after the complie, BW will crash. I think this is a bug.
    on Mac, I switched to the x64 version a while ago, it will not allow me to choose the morphological database as the companion, it greys out even when I choose Greek or Hebrew as the text language.
    Martin Zhang

Quote Originally Posted by Martinzh View Post
    on PC, if I choose to install after the complie, BW will crash. I think this is a bug.
    This is for BW on a PC. First check that all of the boxes and data in the compiler window are filled correctly. Then try to compile again with "Install after Compiling" NOT checked. Often in the message box under "Build Database" the error will be reported. That would be a place to start. Correct the errors until the file is compiled successfully. If it reports success and BW still crashes, recheck that all of the changes you made in the text are properly formatted.
    Last edited by now john; 09-17-2018 at 04:12 PM.

I only changed W. (shureq) to OW (holem waw) in Deu 7:8.

The compilation was successful without any error.
    See the screenshot below for my settings and compilation log. Is there any problem?

Name:  Sketch.png
Views: 103
Size:  333.7 KB
    Martin Zhang

Does it work with "Transliteration" blank?

I remember once when I recompiled and it failed a number of times that I shut down BW. I found the files in the database folder that were for the version that I was compiling and deleted them. After that it compiled successfully. They will be created again even if that doesn't help. Maybe it was only because I restarted BW. Don't delete the .ddf file if it is in the same folder.
    Last edited by now john; 09-17-2018 at 04:26 PM.