Thread: Translation

Default Translation

Does Bibleworks serve as a translator? In other words, can I type in a sentence and view an English translation with a breakdown of the sentence structure?

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    Does Bibleworks serve as a translator? In other words, can I type in a sentence and view an English translation with a breakdown of the sentence structure?
    It is not designed to be a translator.

Do you already own the program? If not, are you aware that BW has closed and that the program can no longer be purchased from BibleWorks?

Quote Originally Posted by now john View Post
    It is not designed to be a translator.

Do you already own the program? If not, are you aware that BW has closed and that the program can no longer be purchased from BibleWorks?
    Yes, I own the program. Thanks for the reply. I am still learning how to use it and I was curious as to its ability in that regard. Thanks for the response.

[QUOTE=Curtis;36500]Yes, I own the program. Thanks for the reply. I am still learning how to use it and I was curious as to its ability in that regard. Thanks for the response. I've had it for 7 months or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    You can open a Greek or Hebrew text in the browse window and move the mouse over a word and see a popup that gives a basic translation of that word. Doing that for all the words of a verse would give a basic translation of the verse. Each word is parsed which is a basic element of the structure.

If you select Tools | Language Tools | Diagramming Module you will find sentence diagrams that give a graphical display of the structure of the Greek text.

Quote Originally Posted by now john View Post
    You can open a Greek or Hebrew text in the browse window and move the mouse over a word and see a popup that gives a basic translation of that word. Doing that for all the words of a verse would give a basic translation of the verse. Each word is parsed which is a basic element of the structure.

If you select Tools | Language Tools | Diagramming Module you will find sentence diagrams that give a graphical display of the structure of the Greek text.
    Thanks, John. I'll work with that.