Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Activations "used up." BW10 activation denied.

Wondering if there's been any progress on this topic? Or perhaps I can request some assistance with my activations? Internet activation for my 64-bit mac installer fails, and manual activation gives me the error that my activations are used up. (If true, it's due to a handful of crashes and re-installs accompanied by a few successful activations with missing items.) I can fall back on my 32-bit installation (which I have fully backed up and fully activated and running without issue), but, well, I'd like to upgrade to Mojave.

Quote Originally Posted by timn View Post
    Wondering if there's been any progress on this topic? Or perhaps I can request some assistance with my activations? Internet activation for my 64-bit mac installer fails, and manual activation gives me the error that my activations are used up. (If true, it's due to a handful of crashes and re-installs accompanied by a few successful activations with missing items.) I can fall back on my 32-bit installation (which I have fully backed up and fully activated and running without issue), but, well, I'd like to upgrade to Mojave.
    Some things to look at, but the tone of the first link below seems to indicate some uncertainty about the future of the 64-bit installer. It is listed on the home page as still being in beta.

Taken from https://www.bibleworks.com
    BibleWorks updates for the PC will also work on the Mac platform. We will do our best to insure compatibility of BibleWorks 10 with future Mac OS changes but the situation is more complex than with the PC platform. The coming macOS versions require 64-bit programs. BibleWorks is in good shape for this, and we will soon release a full x64 Mac Installer dmg. We will also be working with CodeWeavers to explore options for them to continue compatibility support for the BibleWorks Mac Installer. Finally, in any case, Mac users will likely be able to fall back to using a virtual machine (like Virtual Box, Fusion, or Parallels).

the [activation] count resets automatically after an unspecified amount of time
    https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sh...6519#post36519

How Do I Update the BibleWorks Mac Installer?
    https://kb.bibleworks.com/index.php?...023KOfLckJXL4f

64-BibleWorks-10-Mac-Installer-Beta
    https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sh...Installer-Beta

How Do I Update the BibleWorks 10 Executable Without Opening BibleWorks?
    https://kb.bibleworks.com/article/AA...ibleWorks.html

BW10 64 bit Mac beta crashing on start
    https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?7035

BW 10 in VM
    https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sh...-Install-in-VM

BibleWorks 10.0 on ChromeOS
    https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?6967
    Last edited by now john; 10-08-2018 at 12:36 PM.

I have just hit this issue also. Fully understanding the logic behind piracy prevention, however it's left me in a bit of a bind..

driven by a PC upgrade i reinstalled and reformatted several times on 2 of my machines. since then i've then decided to move both systems to linux primarily and put together a virtual image to run bibleworks - now however I have no way to activate as i'm hitting this same issue.

i will ultimately have 3 installs running - 1 on PC, 1 on tablet and 1 on laptop where i am the only person to use it and only 1 license/instance is run at any one time.

there seems no way of de-activating current licenses and so i'm kinda stuck..

Anyone with any ideas what else i can do? i've 1 license remaining on the tablet i could possibly de-activate, if it means i can transfer, but i seem to not be able to find any way to do so..

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    The activation count is there to prevent piracy. The program contains copyrighted material and we have an obligation to protect it. The activation count is very high. We increased it before the company closed. Also, reactivation on the same computer will not increase the activation count and the count resets automatically after an unspecified amount of time. Piracy has always been a huge problem. Before we introduced activation, many times more copies were downloaded illegally than were paid for. If someone exceeds the activation count it is almost always because they have installed on a very large number of computers in a short period of time, or they have shared their activation codes. I am sorry for the problem that this causes. We cannot remove the limitation but we are working on an alternative.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by zhewy View Post
    there seems no way of de-activating current licenses and so i'm kinda stuck..

Anyone with any ideas what else i can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    The activation count is there to prevent piracy. The program contains copyrighted material and we have an obligation to protect it. The activation count is very high. We increased it before the company closed. Also, reactivation on the same computer will not increase the activation count and the count resets automatically after an unspecified amount of time.
    Apparently there is no way of de-activating. Keep what you have and wait a while before attempting another activation.

Default activation count

If someone exceeds the activation count it is almost always because they have installed on a very large number of computers in a short period of time, or they have shared their activation codes. I am sorry for the problem that this causes. We cannot remove the limitation but we are working on an alternative.

That could be true in some cases. I have a 2013 iMac and two MacBook Pro's both 2011. I run VMWare on all of them. I have never shared the activation codes. I have used Bibleworks sense version 3.5,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 and
    I own them all. I have used VMWare sense version 6 and Parallel the same amount of time. Also Mac has come out with many OS sense that time. I can't tell you how many time I have had to reformat these system because of software or OS or BibleWorks problems. I do use Bibleworks for my bible software, but I also test different programs and Bibleworks is one of them to let the developers know of any problems.
    Version 3.5,4,5,6 and I think 7 had no activation code, but 8,9,10 did. To me we really don't own the program. You are not supporting the program but yet you still have control of it. I know men heart
    is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: I just don't understand this logic, it seem to me the logic of the world and not the Kingdom of God. Any way thats all I have to say about it. No hard feeling and thank you for the use of the program.

Default Christians eh..

Quote Originally Posted by lamonte View Post
    I know men heartis deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked:
    regardless of my own personal thoughts/feelings around on how licensing has been done/implemented, and it's inconvinience caused to me in this instance - by the sounds, bibleworks have had issues with licensing in the past? if that is true, isn't it sad that us professing christians would do this? one would think that this software, of all software(s), would have less challenges in this area...

what's the perspective i'm missing here? perhaps the people ripping off this software are not those professing? a quick search reveals all sorts of... 'activities' that have gone round this software.. presumably if there's no demand, there's no market...

it'll would be interesting to see the stats around this one... but sad..