Thread: Activations "used up." BW10 activation denied.

Exclamation Activations "used up." BW10 activation denied.

"You have used up the available activations for this ID." That's the message I'm receiving.

I've had to reinstall and activate BW10 a handful of times within
    VirtualBox on a new MacBook Pro. But when I now try to “Activate by Internet,” a dialog box appears stating the following: “Activation over the Internet failed. Please attempt manual activation.” So I attempt manual activation but receive the message: “You have used up the available activations for this ID. Please contact Customer Service.”

I’ve been using BibleWorks (BW) on Mac computers (by means of virtualization) since 2002 but have not encountered this problem before.

I’ll be profoundly thankful if anyone can provide the solution. (I have also sent an e-mail on this matter to Customer Service.)

Thomas
    Last edited by exegete; 09-07-2018 at 04:49 PM.

I experienced the same problem before BW closed and was able to contact support and the problem was fixed by customer service. I do not know the limit but at that time I learned that there are limits that when exceeded make it impossible to reactivate using the normal procedure. Since BW is closed that appears to be the only procedure available. Is there any chance that you have an older VM or the backup of a VM that you could resurrect?

When I learned that BW was closing, I purchased an inexpensive laptop and installed BW on it and fully backed it up so that I could have a permanent installation of BW on Windows. I may never connect it to the internet and so never update that copy of Windows or of BW. So even if Windows changes in a way so BW won't work on it any more, I will have an installation of the program running on an older but still working version of Windows. And even if someday I reach the limit of activations again I will have something that still works as long as that laptop works.
    Last edited by now john; 09-07-2018 at 12:20 PM.

Default Failed to load

You have it nice! I didn't get the notification and determined that it wasn't my computer by loading an isofile that took me 22 hrs to download onto my wife's computer. I'm profoundly exasperated! It ran for 2 months and then I just have tried to reload it several times from my thumb drive. The image was flicker at start up for a while and finally just died after 'files registered'. Hey guys! what up!?

Quote Originally Posted by exegete View Post
    "You have used up the available activations for this ID." That's the message I'm receiving.

I've had to reinstall and activate BW10 a handful of times within
    VirtualBox on a new MacBook Pro. But when I now try to “Activate by Internet,” a dialog box appears stating the following: “Activation over the Internet failed. Please attempt manual activation.” So I attempt manual activation but receive the message: “You have used up the available activations for this ID. Please contact Customer Service.”

I’ve been using BibleWorks (BW) on Mac computers (by means of virtualization) since 2002 but have not encountered this problem before.

I’ll be profoundly thankful if anyone can provide the solution. (I have also sent an e-mail on this matter to Customer Service.)

Thomas

I hope BW just removes the limitation.
    David Spear
    Calvary Chapel of Manassas
    Manassas, Va. 20110
    http://www.calvarychapelmanassas.org/
    KJV Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without (apart from) the deeds of the law.

Default Activation count

Quote Originally Posted by calvary View Post
    I hope BW just removes the limitation.
    The activation count is there to prevent piracy. The program contains copyrighted material and we have an obligation to protect it. The activation count is very high. We increased it before the company closed. Also, reactivation on the same computer will not increase the activation count and the count resets automatically after an unspecified amount of time. Piracy has always been a huge problem. Before we introduced activation, many times more copies were downloaded illegally than were paid for. If someone exceeds the activation count it is almost always because they have installed on a very large number of computers in a short period of time, or they have shared their activation codes. I am sorry for the problem that this causes. We cannot remove the limitation but we are working on an alternative.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    The activation count is there to prevent piracy. The program contains copyrighted material and we have an obligation to protect it. The activation count is very high. We increased it before the company closed. Also, reactivation on the same computer will not increase the activation count and the count resets automatically after an unspecified amount of time. Piracy has always been a huge problem. Before we introduced activation, many times more copies were downloaded illegally than were paid for. If someone exceeds the activation count it is almost always because they have installed on a very large number of computers in a short period of time, or they have shared their activation codes. I am sorry for the problem that this causes. We cannot remove the limitation but we are working on an alternative.

Mike
    10-4 Mike. That makes good sense.
    David Spear
    Calvary Chapel of Manassas
    Manassas, Va. 20110
    http://www.calvarychapelmanassas.org/
    KJV Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without (apart from) the deeds of the law.

Default Failed to load

THat was my understanding as well with regard to the activation. So how are progressing with the problem? I bought and used this software for professional purposes.

Default activation

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Lantz View Post
    THat was my understanding as well with regard to the activation. So how are progressing with the problem? I bought and used this software for professional purposes.
    How many computers or virtual machines have you installed on? And over what period of time? Have you shared your activation codes with anyone?

Default Failed to load

I loaded on 2 machines, mine and my wife's. Haven't share activation code with anyone. But I'm up and running because I moved the zip file over to the hard drive and THEN installed it. OTherwise the files were being corrupted.