Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Activations "used up." BW10 activation denied.

Quote Originally Posted by LWheeler View Post
    I do have the old computer, and it works. I am assuming if it is easy I can get some help from the tech I usually use. This gives me hope. Thank you!

I am praying this software company is resurrected.
    You shouldn't need a tech. If BibleWorks is still running on the old computer, it will give you the activation codes.
    Start BW. In the Main menu click on File, then Activate Database, then Options, then Save activation codes to backup file, then Save. That saves the file BW10Serials.txt to the desktop. Copy that file to the new computer and use it to activate BW on the new computer.

If clicking on Activate Database does not open the Options window, you may need to run BW10 as an administrator to complete the process above.

Unhappy Failed Activation

Hello guys. I purchased it (BW10) directly from BW site and install it on two computers that I have. Had to reinstall Windows on one and upon BW reinstalation it failed to register from the internet. Tried do it manually (still have the code from e-mail purchase) and it are still not working and it's just the very first time it has been reinstalled. Frustration! Has anybody found a solution for it? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by now john View Post
    You shouldn't need a tech. If BibleWorks is still running on the old computer, it will give you the activation codes.
    Start BW. In the Main menu click on File, then Activate Database, then Options, then Save activation codes to backup file, then Save. That saves the file BW10Serials.txt to the desktop. Copy that file to the new computer and use it to activate BW on the new computer.

If clicking on Activate Database does not open the Options window, you may need to run BW10 as an administrator to complete the process above.
    I did and it did not work for me!

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonbaird View Post
    I did and it did not work for me!
    To give further help you must well-define what you did and what the results were. Give each step of the procedure you did and the results, especially any error messages. It is essential to know if you are running BibleWorks as an administrator or as a standard user.

Default activation problems

If you are having problems with used up activations, send me your BW10 activation code (serial number) and I will see what can be done. Send it by [rivate message.
    Mike

Thumbs up

HEY MIKE!!!

Long time no see!!

Mulling anything new and exciting??

I'M VERY INTERESTED!!!!

Gilbert

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    The activation count is there to prevent piracy. The program contains copyrighted material and we have an obligation to protect it. The activation count is very high. We increased it before the company closed. Also, reactivation on the same computer will not increase the activation count and the count resets automatically after an unspecified amount of time. Piracy has always been a huge problem. Before we introduced activation, many times more copies were downloaded illegally than were paid for. If someone exceeds the activation count it is almost always because they have installed on a very large number of computers in a short period of time, or they have shared their activation codes. I am sorry for the problem that this causes. We cannot remove the limitation but we are working on an alternative.

Mike
    The very first time I had to reinstall it, I am having a problem with this count! I purchased the program directly from Bible Works and it installed well on two computers I have. I had a Bios problem in one and needed to install a clean Windows and it swiped everything. Upon first time reinstall I am having this problem and it's not fun!
    Last edited by wilsonbaird; 05-02-2019 at 11:13 AM.

Default Failed Activation

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    If you are having problems with used up activations, send me your BW10 activation code (serial number) and I will see what can be done. Send it by [rivate message.
    Mike
    You have no more space on your inbox to receive my private message. Is there any other way to send you this?
    Thanks a lot.

Default Failed Activation

Quote Originally Posted by now john View Post
    To give further help you must well-define what you did and what the results were. Give each step of the procedure you did and the results, especially any error messages. It is essential to know if you are running BibleWorks as an administrator or as a standard user.
    Hello John. Thanks for replay. I did as an Administrator. The activation code in the still working computer is the same, and yes, I did tried it. The internet activation window say it was not possible to complete it and the manual says it has been used many times, when, in matter of fact it is my first reinstall. Also, I am part of Windows insider and sometimes we got bad update and in result we have sometimes to reinstall Windows, which makes me worry about this happening again in the future as well.

You have no more space on your inbox to receive my private message. Is there any other way to send you this?
    Thanks a lot.
    His profile also allows sending him an email. Try this link to contact him: https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/se...mailmember&u=4

Hello John. Thanks for replay. I did as an Administrator. The activation code in the still working computer is the same, and yes, I did tried it. The internet activation window say it was not possible to complete it and the manual says it has been used many times, when, in matter of fact it is my first reinstall. Also, I am part of Windows insider and sometimes we got bad update and in result we have sometimes to reinstall Windows, which makes me worry about this happening again in the future as well.
    Since others have reported similar activation problems when reinstalling BibleWorks on the same computer, I would recommend not even installing BibleWorks on a computer running Windows Insider builds.