Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unable to Load BW10

Default Unable to Load BW10

The loading screen goes all the way to 'registered' and then program disappears. I've tried every option to fix the files. CRC says it refreshed. I reloaded the executables and finally removed and reinstalled BW10 twice, but it does the same thing. I ran repair on Windows 10 as well. Finally I downloaded the new July ISO file (20 hrs), but that won't even load so I reinstalled from my thumbdrive.

I had a similar problem recently. I assume that you have a working installation of BibleWorks that you installed from your thumb drive. The solution that worked was to use the thumb drive and run setup.exe again. It gave the option of uninstalling BibleWorks. After uninstalling and rebooting I was able to complete the installation from the ISO.

Default Failed to load

Hi,
    I'm still in limbo after the ISO didn't load. Do you know of anyone else who has had this problem or who I can talk to that may have a solution. The ISO can't be a viable copy. I just don't get how after 2 months it just stops working. It did some weird flickering for a while so I suspect my GUI

You say that the ISO did not load. Do you mean that when you double-clicked on the file "BibleWorks10rev6.iso" in File Explorer that no temporary drive (usually d:\) was created. If that is what happened, check that the md5 hash for your copy of the ISO is df2034cd43118dcb03126c8d414adbd3. Or perhaps you meant that when you found that drive in File Explorer and double clicked on the file "setup.exe" that nothing happened.

The size of the ISO is 23,994,171,392 bytes. File Explorer gives a different size but if you right click on the ISO and select Properties it should give that size. Check that too.

Default Failed to load

Error Code: -5001 : 0x80070002Error Information:
    >setup.cpp (142)
    PAPP:
    PVENDOR:
    PGUID:
    $23.0.511 This is what happens when I click setup

Default Failed to load

I don't get why my program doesn't install from the original thumbdrive

Default Failed to load

It gives the proper size file, but the size on disc it records as 22.3 GB (23,994,175,488 bytes)

Did you run BWCheckDisc.exe on the ISO? Did it confirm that all of the files were OK? I ran a Google search on setup.cpp 142. It is a common problem. This is one thread that dealt with the problem: https://community.flexerasoftware.co...etup-cpp-(142) One of the suggestions to fix the problem was to turn off all programs that run on reboot, especially antivirus programs. Then reboot and check that no programs are running. Then run the installation as an administrator.

Since you used the thumb drive to install before and that no longer works, it seems that there had been some change in your computer that is stopping the installation.
    Last edited by now john; 09-06-2018 at 10:33 AM.

Default I ran crfc

but nothing. It just gave me the windows warning not to do it which I ignored and then disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Lantz View Post
    but nothing. It just gave me the windows warning not to do it which I ignored and then disappeared.
    I have corrected my previous post. Run BWCheckDisc.exe and confirm that all of the files are OK.

When you tried to install BW, were you running a standard account or an administrator account? If you were running a standard account, did you run setup.exe as a standard user or an administrator user?
    Last edited by now john; 09-06-2018 at 10:51 AM.