Thread: BW 10 installation on Macbook Pro

Default BW 10 installation on Macbook Pro

I've got BW10 & have just taken delivery of a new Macbook Pro. (Prior to this I had installed it on my Windows 10 laptop).

Can I just install it on the Mac from the flash drive or is there anything I need to do as well?

I had posted this question some weeks ago but had no reply. With BibleWorks now having closed there is nowhere else for me to go.

Regards.
    Beattie

You need the Mac Installer available on the BW website under downloads and (I think) a Mac activation code. Not sure how you get one of those at this point.

You can install it on the Mac using the flashdrive. The activation code is the same for the PC and Mac.
    Glenn Weaver

Default BW10 installation on MacBook Pro

Thank you for the replies.
    I am aware I can use my flash drive to install BW10 on my new MacBook Pro (as I did with my Windows laptop) but I was informed by BibleWorks, before they closed, to use https://kB.bibleworks.com/index.php?/article/AA-02916

They said it’s because they’d had several updates to the Mac Installer file. I quote, “Please use the latest downloadable Mac Installer dmg file rather than the one on the flas drive for the best performance.’

So before I begin should I just use the link above and not use the flash drive at all?

Regards.
    Beattie

Default BW10 installation for Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Weaver View Post
    You can install it on the Mac using the flashdrive. The activation code is the same for the PC and Mac.

Thank you for the reply
    I am aware I can use my flash drive to install BW10 on my new MacBook Pro (as I did with my Windows laptop) but I was informed by BibleWorks, before they closed, to use https://kB.bibleworks.com/index.php?/article/AA-02916

They said it’s because they’d had several updates to the Mac Installer file. I quote, “Please use the latest downloadable Mac Installer dmg file rather than the one on the flas drive for the best performance.’

So before I begin should I just use the link above and not use the flash drive at all? I’m not sure now.

Regards.
    Beattie

Quote Originally Posted by jfidel View Post
    You need the Mac Installer available on the BW website under downloads and (I think) a Mac activation code. Not sure how you get one of those at this point.

Thank you for the replies.

So before I begin should I just use the link above and not use the flash drive at all? I’m unsure about it now.

Regards.
    Beattie

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    If you do a BW10 reinstall after July 24, 2018 you should do it from the ISO, not old media.
    The above is from a longer post by MBushell

This is from Article/AA-02916 that you referenced.
    Two things are needed to install BibleWorks: the BibleWorks installation media (either an iso file or USB drive) and the BibleWorks Mac Installer dmg file.

So the ISO and installer from this link should work. https://www.bibleworks.com/#slide4
    Last edited by now john; 09-02-2018 at 11:41 AM. Reason: clarification